• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Software to listen to pager tones??

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgoodson

Premium Subscriber
I have used "NCH Tone Generator". which you can download for free to do this... sort of.

Set up your first tone, then "play" it from your speaker output back into your mic input and use Sound Recorder to record it as a .wav.

Then repeat for the second tone (and save it with a different file name, of course).

Once you have the two tones saved as files, Sound Recorder is very easy to combine and manipulate them into a single file that will sound like pager tones.

whitesox4life

Is there any where to just play / create fire tones? I have some pagers that I am setting up for a fire dept but no body knows what the tone freq is for their pagers. I dont want to have to download anything (my computer is slow enough already).

Status
Not open for further replies.