software to program BCD325P2 handleheld scanner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chovy

I am a total newb. I used to have one of those consumer residential nascar pre-programmed scanners, so I need some help on how to automatically program my new uniden.

I run linux but have windows if necessary.

Where do I begin?

I need some help on how to automatically program my new uniden.
I use Freescan.

It's free.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
Hi & welcome to RR!
The tables on the wiki here summarize quite nicely which software programs you can use for which radios. The BCD325p2 is listed as the final column under "Handhelds". Personally I've used Proscan on numerous Unidens for years now and it's been a solid app. I'd also recommend perusing your scanner's easier to read manual here.

Best wishes with the new radio & 73!

Last edited:

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I use Freescan.

It's free.

It's also unsupported & buggy. Not to mention featureless.

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
Uniden does not supply a programming software for the BCD325P2. But there are aftermarket programs available. I believe a version of “Proscan“ is free and there is “Butel ARC XT BASIC” and “ARC XT PRO”, which cost. I use ARC XT PRO. It cost $69.95. The Basic version costs $39.95. All work on a Windows operating system but I will address the Butel ARC XT PRO software here. If you have subscribed to RadioReference.com (RR) you can use the software to connect to RR, choose your state and then county. The software will then offer the ability to choose among Conventional Frequencies, Agencies, Trunked Systems and Nationwide. Poking around in any of the choices will get you what you need and download your choices to the software. Once that has been accomplished you can then save it in a file within the program. Then you can download it into the scanner. It sure beats programming manually and is highly recommended.

As a newbie, you should first take a look at RR. Looking at it is free. Using it to download requires a small subscription fee. But like I said, it’s well worth it. You should also look at Proscan and ARC XT PRO. Doing a dearth for Butel Software will get you the ARC XT PRO info.

You’re going to have questions I’m sure. But post them here and you will get them answered.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Unfortunately FreeScan doesn't support NXDN nor DMR/MOTOTRBO programming, and it's not being developed anymore. It's fine to get you started, though.

I would go with ProScan when you get comfortable - it does have a free trial period. However, to download data from our databases, you need a subscription (cheap).

But we're getting ahead of ourselves a little. Let's go from the ground up first; this article from our wiki (everything that's blue is a link, both here and in our wiki) will get you started. Take your time; there's a lot of new concepts to absorb. There's an Easier to Read manual linked at the bottom of

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.