ProScan: Software to view multiple Uniden scanner displays

morrisr3nd

Just kind of taking it all in
Premium Subscriber
Is there a software available to view multiple Uniden scanner displays. I'm currently using a session of Proscan for each scanner connected via usb hub to a single computer. I have my displays shrunk to view them all. Makes working with each one a little tedious but so for it's "OK". Just wondering if anyone has something that does better.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Just wondering if anyone has something that does better.
Multiple monitors on that computer, or use the "scanner only" view in ProScan for each instance of ProScan that's running. If you want to just see the displays without needing to control the scanners, try the different "display only" views.

Last edited:

JimD56

KO9JAD/Fire Lieutenant/Paramedic
Feed Provider
Nope, ProScan is it. Yes, it's tedious, but only if you fiddle with them a lot. I have enough scanners where I only fiddle with one and the rest are all preset to my "stuff" and Broadcastify feeds. I am currently upgrading to a sound mixer so at least the volume and mixing will all be on one unit right above my PC keyboard for easy access.

morrisr3nd

Premium Subscriber
Multiple monitors on that computer, or use the "scanner only" view in ProScan for each instance of ProScan that's running. If you want to just see the displays without needing to control the scanners, try the different "display only" views.
That's what I'm doing now.

morrisr3nd

Premium Subscriber
Nope, ProScan is it. Yes, it's tedious, but only if you fiddle with them a lot. I have enough scanners where I only fiddle with one and the rest are all preset to my "stuff" and Broadcastify feeds. I am currently upgrading to a sound mixer so at least the volume and mixing will all be on one unit right above my PC keyboard for easy access.
I eventually want to get into streaming over Broadcastify. Not there yet.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I have my displays shrunk to view them all. Makes working with each one a little tedious
I've got 4 scanners and 4 instances.
You must be using a very small monitor if just 4 scanners in "scanner only" mode are tedious to manage. This pic is from one of the members here:

Last edited:

morrisr3nd

Premium Subscriber
You must be using a very small monitor if just 4 scanners in "scanner only" mode are tedious to manage. This pic is from one of the members here:

I'm really small time. I'm an electrical design engineer and work on my main computer everyday. I have my scanners running behind me on a very small laptop that I had just laying around for programming the scanners. I probably need a new bigger monitor just for that purpose. Thanks for the information.

morrisr3nd

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for all the information. Sounds like I'm doing it mostly right. I was just hoping there was something new out there to handle this.

morrisr3nd

Premium Subscriber
That pc you see 16 scanners on is on its own dedicated pc I also run mini pc's connected to 4 scanner racks that I remote into I leave in area's to break systems.
That is a very nice setup. I'm nowhere near that advanced. My wife would kill me if I got more scanners. Right now I just listen to Lamar Co. SO and VFD on a 396XT, Forrest Co SO/Hattiesburg PD-FD on a 325P2, MS Highway Patrol/Mississippi Dept of Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks on a SDS100, and Med Air and local Med on a 436HP. They all work great so far.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Is there a software available to view multiple Uniden scanner displays. I'm currently using a session of Proscan for each scanner connected via usb hub to a single computer. I have my displays shrunk to view them all. Makes working with each one a little tedious but so for it's "OK". Just wondering if anyone has something that does better.

I was just hoping there was something new out there to handle this.
Handle what?
What exactly are you trying to do?
The Sessions Manager can change the View Type and rearrange all the instances on the monitor.

morrisr3nd

Premium Subscriber
trying to view all 4 scanner displays on a single screen without having to run 4 different sessions.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
trying to view all 4 scanner displays on a single screen without having to run 4 different sessions.
What's wrong with running 4 sessions or instances? Just in case you're not aware, each instance needs to be in separate folders so the options pertaining to a specific instance will not interfere with other instances.

morrisr3nd

Premium Subscriber
There's nothing wrong with it at all it works good. Just looking for something that would allow me to view them all without having to open 4 instances. It's no big deal. Thanks so much for your help and for listening.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
There's nothing wrong with it at all it works good. Just looking for something that would allow me to view them all without having to open 4 instances. It's no big deal. Thanks so much for your help and for listening.
That sounds like a task for for a batch or scripting file. Here's an example in VBS.

Code:
Set fs = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
Set sh = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

fs.CopyFile "C:\ProScan\Scanner 1\ProScan.exe", "C:\ProScan\Scanner 2\ProScan.exe", "True"
fs.CopyFile "C:\ProScan\Scanner 1\ProScan.exe", "C:\ProScan\Scanner 3\ProScan.exe", "True"

sh.Run """C:\ProScan\\Scanner 1\ProScan.exe"""
sh.Run """C:\ProScan\\Scanner 2\ProScan.exe"""
sh.Run """C:\ProScan\\Scanner 3\ProScan.exe"""