Freescan: Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

oneadam-12

I 'm looking for latest version of FreeSCAN which is 2.19b1 for DMR according to this page https://forums.radioreference.com/threads/free-scan-software.381914/ but the problem is when I go to Sixspot Software and click on the forum page I get a message saying this page can't be displayed or cannot connect to the server at scannow.org. Has anyone else run into this issue. Is there another way to download the latest version.

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
This is from several years as a devoted user of freescan. Kudos for the software for all these years! :)
Dont bother trying freescan 2.19b1 for dmr, it was a first good try and as stated he didnt have a dmr enabled scanner to try it on.
It doesn't do color codes, slots or talkgroups - that is in single sites, if you send to the scanner the talkgroup shows as FFFF in single sites and it will not receive till you manually correct it in the scanner. I tried downloading one big multisite system and I see you'd have to manually change the system to Mototrbo from P25, the talkgroups and frequencies are there, but no place for the color codes or slots. You might be able to manually put that info from the scanner keypad.

He stated he no longer was putting work into freescan some years ago as he was pursuing other things like going to college or so.
Yeah the forums their are more down than up for the last several years.
Here is a link at that forum post from the last grab they had from November 18, 2018. it might be the last time forums were up since they have been down for quite awhile again - FreeSCAN 2.19 Beta1

Unless he comes back and retries from the January 2018 post, unfortunately if your looking for Trbo software your going to have to look at one of the pay ones.

Here is a link from my dropbox if you still want to try 2.19. It still works fine as 2.18 does, I still noticed I have 2.19 still! Dropbox - FreeSCAN 2.19 .zip

N5XTC

Premium Subscriber
This is from several years as a devoted user of freescan. Kudos for the software for all these years! :)
Dont bother trying freescan 2.19b1 for dmr, it was a first good try and as stated he didnt have a dmr enabled scanner to try it on.
It doesn't do color codes, slots or talkgroups - that is in single sites, if you send to the scanner the talkgroup shows as FFFF in single sites and it will not receive till you manually correct it in the scanner. I tried downloading one big multisite system and I see you'd have to manually change the system to Mototrbo from P25, the talkgroups and frequencies are there, but no place for the color codes or slots. You might be able to manually put that info from the scanner keypad.

He stated he no longer was putting work into freescan some years ago as he was pursuing other things like going to college or so.
Yeah the forums their are more down than up for the last several years.
Here is a link at that forum post from the last grab they had from November 18, 2018. it might be the last time forums were up since they have been down for quite awhile again - FreeSCAN 2.19 Beta1

Unless he comes back and retries from the January 2018 post, unfortunately if your looking for Trbo software your going to have to look at one of the pay ones.

Here is a link from my dropbox if you still want to try 2.19. It still works fine as 2.18 does, I still noticed I have 2.19 still! Dropbox - FreeSCAN 2.19 .zip
did you say you are no longer able to download freescan? i downloaded from your drop box and it installed. thanks for this. i use for my 996p2 and 386xt scanners. so if not longer available, glad i got this from you.

NYRHKY94

ProScan has everything you need and more. 30-day free trial (full functionality). A paid license (for 2 PC's) is worth every penny in my opinion. Best all-in-one software on the market and the author is very active here and provides excellent support.

Status
Not open for further replies.