BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Sold scanner, transfer keys to new owner MyUniden?

Status
Not open for further replies.

phyberoptics

Premium Subscriber
I just sold my 436, if I delete the scanner from MyUniden, will the new owner be able to register it or is there something else I need to do?

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
I hope you gave the new owner a copy of the keys as they do not show up when the scanner is registered by the new owner they would have to buy new keys and it would be the same number you have if the scanner ever went in for service.

phyberoptics

Premium Subscriber
I hope you gave the new owner a copy of the keys as they do not show up when the scanner is registered by the new owner they would have to buy new keys and it would be the same number you have if the scanner ever went in for service.

Hey, you know what -- that's a great point! I didn't, but I haven't deleted it yet. I'll send him a copy for sure, thank you for that!

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Since there is no way for the keys to be deleted from the scanner once they are entered, doesn't really matter if the new owner has them or not.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
In that case, the ESN changes, as well, so the old keys would not work. Generally, the tech asks me to gen new keys for the unit.

dfw1193

Since there is no way for the keys to be deleted from the scanner once they are entered, doesn't really matter if the new owner has them or not.

Unless you send it in for repair, then the keys are removed and the scanner returned from Uniden Reset as it came from the factory, so you have to re-enter the keys to get the paid for services.

Status
Not open for further replies.