TRX-1: Solved my annoying SD card problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

neilbell

I discovered by trial and error that recurring problems with things like "waiting for main unit" and other SD card update problems were easily solved for me. For over a month now, with frequent updating and daily use the problems have vanished.

The secret is simple - NEVER, NEVER try to update the SD card in the scanner with power applied to the scanner. Always remove the AC power, wait a few seconds if you recently had powered it on. With a totally off scanner, plug in the USB, and WAIT, WAIT for the computer to tell you it has found the "drive". Now you can safely update the scanner. When the update has finished it will let you know with a message "File Copy Complete"

Obviously you can always remove the SD card from the scanner and plug it directly into your computer but that is a pain to do, but it does update faster than the USB route.

I use this approach on both my TRX-1 and TRX-2. If this helps anyone I am happy about that!

Neil Bell, KJ6FBA

SCPD

QRT
in addition, if the problem persist replace the SD card. I had the same problem even if I unplugged the power,....

Since I replaced the card two weeks ago, I've been doing at least two updates daily, I have yet to have a problem

The idea of removing the SD card and plug it directly into your scanner is idiotic

The steps I use are as follows

1. Turn off scanner and UNPLUG the power
2. Wait one minute
3. Plug computer USB cable into Scanner
4. Wait for computer to acknowledge the scanner, shows up in file manager as a drive letter and labeled TRX
5. Start EzScan
6 Do what ever you intended to do with EzScan including Copy programming changes to scanner, or apply updates
7. When complete, Close EzScan, before you do best save changes in the archive folder
8. Eject your scanner using File manager
9. Wait for message safe to remove device
10. Unplug USB cable from scanner
11. Plug power back in, wait a minute
12. Press power button
13 Scanner might start with Init SD card then disappear, if it does press power button again
14 Wait for SD card to load then verify files, will take up to 1 minutes

I discovered by trial and error that recurring problems with things like "waiting for main unit" and other SD card update problems were easily solved for me. For over a month now, with frequent updating and daily use the problems have vanished.

The secret is simple - NEVER, NEVER try to update the SD card in the scanner with power applied to the scanner. Always remove the AC power, wait a few seconds if you recently had powered it on. With a totally off scanner, plug in the USB, and WAIT, WAIT for the computer to tell you it has found the "drive". Now you can safely update the scanner. When the update has finished it will let you know with a message "File Copy Complete"

Obviously you can always remove the SD card from the scanner and plug it directly into your computer but that is a pain to do, but it does update faster than the USB route.

I use this approach on both my TRX-1 and TRX-2. If this helps anyone I am happy about that!

Neil Bell, KJ6FBA

Status
Not open for further replies.