Some BCD396xt help please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbeez

I just sent my radio to uniden for repair, they returned it and said it was the speaker.

I'm trying to scan bucks county PA,and I can't, I wiped and reloaded my config from my saved config and whats its doing is scanning or searching "NEWS" and not touching my programming really. It zips through my programming in 1 second, but none of the bottom numbers are selected.

Any help would be appreciated, I haven't used this scanner for a long time and now I'm totally lost as to what its doing.

jbeez

I locked out news to stop that, and now its just doing my bucks scan.... however its flying through it super quick and not picking up anything. I checked my programming it seems that its the same as it was last time I used it.

Any ideas?

jbeez

ended up fixing it, had to do the ol' hardware reset,
Start with the scanner off and then while pressing [2], [9], and [HOLD] at the same time, turn power on.

the freescan wipe memory didn't clear this out.

Also in freescan I was able to "lockout" news from search while scanning it was unlocked for some reason in my backup config

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
You need to adjust the "Set Hold Time" Parameter for the Sites you are adjusting.
Go into each site then -> "Set Hold Time".
Marshall KE4ZNR

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
ended up fixing it, had to do the ol' hardware reset,
Start with the scanner off and then while pressing [2], [9], and [HOLD] at the same time, turn power on.

the freescan wipe memory didn't clear this out.

Also in freescan I was able to "lockout" news from search while scanning it was unlocked for some reason in my backup config

All of the above was totally unnecessary if you had just adjusted the
site hold times and locked out the "News" Service Search/Scan.
Just for future reference.
Not everything requires a Master Reset/Clear to fix.
Hope this helps in the future. :)
Marshall KE4ZNR

jbeez

it was something unnatural about how it was scanning, I loaded the exact same config after the hard reset and it magically started working, and then i changed that news lockout and reloaded it

I didn't check the site hold times before that

Status
Not open for further replies.