Some Bruce/grey fd's will require new dispatch services when hanover dispatching ends

Status
Not open for further replies.

sudsyjkh

From CKNx radio news:
Local News - AM920 CKNX Information Country
Text of the article:
"Bruce and Grey County fire departments are scrambling to find a new emergency dispatch service provider after word today they will lose the services of Hanover Dispatch in December. Several fire chiefs met in Markdale yesterday to discuss their options. Representatives from the Barrie and Tillsonburg fire Department, and Owen Sound Police Services, all say, they can help. As for the cost, the more communities that sign on, the better the price. Ripley Fire Chief Doug Martyn says the fire chiefs are in agreement on one other issue.
Martyn says ideally, a new provider should be in place by September, because it takes up to three months for Bell Canada, to switch over where the 911 calls are rerouted to."
I know in Bruce county Hanover dispatches for Ripley-huron, walkerton, teeswater, Mildmay, Paisley, Arran-Elderslie. In grey I believe they dispatch for Hanover and durham, as well as a couple others.
Owen sound would be the logical place for them to switch to...being as they already dispatch for all departments in grey/bruce with the acception of the ones Hanover currently dispatches for plus Kincardine, tiverton and Lucknow.
Another interesting note: Hanover also currently dispatches for bruce county roads, westario power, several municipal roads departments, west grey pd and Hanover pd...I'm sure they will obviously continue to dispatch for these other services.

sirsmiley

West Grey is already going to Owen Sound for dispatching Jan 1 2013...most likely hanover and wingham pd will go there as well...Hanover dispatch is being shut down all together, not sure where you are getting this idea that theyll still dispatch for all these hodge podge places?

Status
Not open for further replies.