Some Channels Not Coming In

Status
Not open for further replies.

horrocks

I have a new BCD396XT and live in Monroe County NY. I downloaded this county into the unit and I get Webster, Irondequoit, and Brighten Police, the county fire, and some others, but I do not receive the Rochester police or the Monroe County sheriff. Any ideas what I may be doing wrong? I am new at this. Thanks in advance.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Did you allocate and enable quick keys for each of the ones you aren't hearing, or are they already a part of an active group? Are you using an outdoor antenna - perhaps they are too far from you to hear. A duckie - that little stick antenna that comes with most scanners - is a compromise at best, and that's putting it politely. Did you cross check your programming against a different known site, such as NF2G.com?

Sometimes the easiest way to debug the issue is to dump the contents into a file that people can then examine. What software are you using? 73 Mike

horrocks

Mike,
Thanks for the quick response. I am using s/w ARC-XT demo version. If you give me your email I can send you the profile. Reception should be there, as they are close. Also, Rochester police is part of the larger group. I think I just read that radio reference has not yet updated their conversion to digital. They changed over on January 10th.
Thanks,
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.