Some Cincinnati, OH fire radio problems being fixed

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannerfreak

Database Admin
OK, I hope this doesn't suffer the fate of the last one, but I thought I'd post the update :) Looks like, according to the article, rebanding is coming up shortly on the HamCo system.

Hamilton County officials are close to a fix for some of the communication problems firefighters county-wide have been experiencing, but no radio system is perfect, Interim County Communications Director Mike Bailey told commissioners at a meeting Monday morning.

Motorola, the company the manufactures the $35 million communication system used by all police and firefighters in the county, came to Cincinnati last week for a two-day test of the system.

Some fire radio problems being fixed | cincinnati.com | Cincinnati.Com

OK, I hope this doesn't suffer the fate of the last one, but I thought I'd post the update :) Looks like, according to the article, rebanding is coming up shortly on the HamCo system.

Some fire radio problems being fixed | cincinnati.com | Cincinnati.Com

I as well will attempt to leave a comment as well seeing if I don't get my 2 cents shot up too.

I recently sat down with a very credible individual I've known for years who is not only familiar with the situation he also has heard the tapes and the maydays for the Colerain incident could be heard. At least something how ever small it may be is being done to help correct the situation. What a shame this all couldn't have been found to be an issue before now.

Status
Not open for further replies.