Some disturbing news....

Status
Not open for further replies.

jim202

And people wonder why radio interoperability has such a hard time. It's not the engineering, it's
not the equipment, it's the politics. If the chief doesn't want it, the members of the department don't
want it.

So much for different departments working together.

Jim

I was talking to my contact with the Sheriff's office today here's a couple points he made in regards to Findlay PD going Encrypted:

• From what he was told they are not going to be completely encrypted, only a few channels(i.e. talk-groups).
  • They have not liked the fact that the SO can listen in on a scanner at the dispatch office. As a matter of fact he added for some reason they'd rather the sheriff's department not be able to listen in at all.
So it sounds like if they do go completely encrypted if it's to spite the SO for whatever reason.

After this conversation I would wager there is more to this than what a few of us have been able to get from those within FPD.

Also rumor from a Findlay PD Officer (he stated it was only rumor) is that FPD will switch sometime around mid-March.

If I happen to hear anything more I will be sure to pass it along her. The truth will come out when the switch is made, that's for sure.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
And people wonder why radio interoperability has such a hard time.

I'm not sure what you are trying to say... Radio interop won't change a bit. They can move to a mutual aid channel with the flick of a button and talk to anyone in the clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.