Some help monitoring Lakemoor IL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkside124

I've recently taken a great interest in scanning and have purchased a scanner. i bought a new Uniden SDS100. However, while searching for the proper talkgroup ID for the Lakemoor police department I have seen some conflicting information. I have seen talkgroup ID 2452 and talkgroup 1138. Any information you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Looking forward to joining in the discussion and helping as I can.

Cheers, mates.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Linkero

I'm not from the area, but I can take a guess as to why you see two different talkgroups for lakemoor. The town is on the line of two different counties. 1138 is associated with McHenry Co, and 2452 is associated with Lake Co. Looking at both talkgroups, I would suggest only trying to listen to 2452, as 1138 is showing to be encrypted.

Congrats on the new scanner and welcome to the hobby! I'm sure someone that knows the area can elaborate on why the two different TG's exist, and how they may be used.

Darkside124

Hey thanks, mate. I appreciate the assist. Encrypted, eh? Interesting.
Checking radio reference today the info seems to have changed.
Showing only Foxcomm dispatch talkgroup 2452.
So when comms are showing encrypted are there any ways to get in on that are is that the end of the roadm

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
Here's the database link for FOXCOMM and the Lake County IL talkgroups. FoxComm 1 is encrypted but Lakemoor is in the clear at 2452 as the others said. You want the Lake County Starcom21 SITE and or the McHenry SITE too depending on where you're at up there. N9IIT is only partially right. The big E WAS prevalent in McHenry County at first but a whole SLEW of talkgroups went back to being in the clear over the last 2 years. McHenry Co Sheriff dispatch was Encrypted at first, but now in the clear. Same for Lake County. A lot is "E" but so many groups are in the clear so it's not the end. I'd make sure and include Lake County Countywide (ISPERN) I hear that down here in Crook County too. With the SDS100 you should have no problems. :0)
http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=2324

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.