• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Some Help With Icom Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
OK, So I bought a used F6061D off of Ebay. It came with 3 channels pre-programmed in so I know you must be able to write to the radio. I have a F5061 and had no issue with the cable or v.2.7 software I was using. I get this 6061 in the mail, and I can READ from the radio but can not WRITE to it for some reason.

Thinking maybe my software was outdated I installed v4.6 of the software and tried to program again. Nope, same error message of check the power on, check the cable and check the com port. Again, with v4.6 I can READ from the radio, but I can't WRITE to it.

So the seller finally tells me I need v5.0 of the software because supposedly that's what his radio tech used to program it last. So I purchase and download v5.0 this evening and same exact problem. I'm ready to use the radio as target practice!

It's not going to be something as silly as the cable is OK for analog on the F5061, but because the F6061 has digital capabilities I need a different cable?

Mike

ab3ai

Mike,

You never said what the message was. Anyway, Icom software and firmware have to match. From my experience, you won't be able to program your 5061 because the Icom software overwrites older versions and you have an older firmware in that radio. When you give Icom a call, get the latest firmware and DSP and load them into both radios. Also, some other guys I know and myself have had problems with with reading and writing to Icom radios. Sometimes you just have to keep hitting write (or read) till it takes. They released a new driver for windows 7 so that might help that. I haven't upgraded my driver yet. One more thing, the newer firmware will narrowband a 5061 (I assume it will do the same for a 6061). There is fix if your going to use the radio in the ham band, but when I called tech support I though the guy was going to jump through the phone and smack me for even speaking of wideband.
Good Luck!

SCPD

QRT
Check under common tab and in security. It sounds like that's what it is. I know on a icom I had there was a read/write password option and a data out option to enable or disable. I would imagine your model has a data in enable or disable option.

SCPD

QRT
On my 3161ds has firmware 2x and I'm using version 4 software. No problems. Using windows Xp with oem cable. Only reason I never bumped it up in firmware was the narrow band deal in later firmware. I'd look around see if there is a write password or write disabled option.

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
There is no "write protection" enabled in the software. The specific error message is "No Answer From The Transceiver" - check the comport, the power and cable. I will have to try calling Icom on Tuesday I guess and see what's going on.

RodStrong

I coincidentally just dealt with this exact same problem with a 5061 I recently stumbled into. It turned out to be an older, first generation model, and it used an entirely different software.

I decided to send it to my Icom dealer for a firmware blast and a tuneup, thinking it might be some sort of firmware issue. He did blast the firmware but also determined the software I use for all my other 5061/6061's wouldn't work on this particular radio. Now that I have this other software (not an older version of the same software, but a completely different model software), the radio can be programmed and is up and running.

No clue if your situation could be the same, but my symptoms were exactly the same as yours. I don't have my gear handy at the moment, so I can't tell you the software name. If you want to PM me, I can try to give you some more info Monday night when I am at work.

Last edited:

jeatock

Premium Subscriber
Does this help?

There is no special "D" software. All 6061's are assumed to be digital, and analog radios ignore digital entries in the programming software.

To check the FW version in the radio, press and hold P0 & P3 while turning the radio on.

Knowledge Base Article 7CTE461564
Dealer Access

Issue
F3160 / F5060 Cloning Software (New Version- Firmware 2.0 and Higher)
For F3161 / F4161 / F5061 / F6061 and F3261 / F4261 model radios
NOTE: Does NOT work for original F3061 models

CS-F5060 Cloning software Cloning Software (Old Version)
For F5061 and F6061 model radios (older radios)

Resolution
CS-F3160/F5060 version 2.2 or greater is for all F3161 series radios and the current F5061 radios. Both these radios use the UT-126 option board for the digital features.

IMPORTANT: To use CS-F3160/F5060 software, the radio must have version 2.2 (or greater) firmware installed. To use the digital features, the radio must have the UT-119/UT-126 Digital Option Board installed (firmware version 2.1, or greater). Version 2.4 adds 6.25kHz Trunking to the software (must have version 2.4 or greater firmware in the radio and Option Board).

Use with CS-F3160/F5060 adjust software.

CS-F5060 version 1.1 or less is for older F5061 series radios without the enhanced digital features. It uses the UT-119 digital board. Use with CS-F5060 adjust software.

IMPORTANT: CS-F5060 software and the F5061 radio firmware and UT-119/UT-126 firmware will not function on the older F3061/F4061 series radios.

The current versions are:
• CS-F3160/F5060 Clone Software 5.0
• CS-F3160/F5060 Adjust Software 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.