• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Some HT1250 questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ac2ej

Just got an HT1250 off ebay. First motorola radio, still learning how this all works. I have a couple of questions.

1. Is there any way to get one of the front buttons to send out a QCII page? In the CPS I see that it can be set to Radio Call but I can't specify my QCII system. Is there some way of doing this or am I just going to have to scroll through and select after pressing P1?

2. I don't actually hear the true AFSK for rx'd MDC1200. The radio appears to be substituting some kind of chirp sound for the actual data. Is this the same as data muting? (Muting implies that it's quieted or silenced rather than replaced, at least to me with a musical background.)

3. I volunteer for an ambulance squad in my town. With selective calling, can I program the QCII tones for my squad in and have the radio alert when it hears them but over an open channel? I.e. the radio doesn't wait for the tones to unsquelch, it just plays everything that happens on the channel and then alerts when it hears the tones. If this is possible, what settings would I have to use?

Thank you!

PS my programming cable hasn't arrived yet so I haven't actually been able to try any of this. Hoping it will actually work... I've heard some things about CPS and Windows 7 x86... plus I'm a Mac user so it's running in a virtual machine... this may take some doing...

RKG

1) The HT1250 can be programmed to send a QC II string, but you have to program a separate channel with QC as the "signalling" parameter. Somewhere in the CPS are provisions for defining the QC system and for creating a list of users and their tone pairs. You probably want to send the QC tones via the "Page" function (vs. the "Call" function, which is for something else). (The reason you use a separate channel is that you cannot program a channel to operate two "signalling systems." Thus, the channel you program for sending QC will not send your MDC-ID for ordinary traffic.)

2) Most people don't want to hear a pre- MDC-ID burst, and the radio can be programmed to mute it. That may be the default; I just don't recall. An option (usually invoked) emits a sidetone from the sending subscriber's radio while his radio is sending his pre- MDC-ID; the purpose of this sidetone is to prevent the operator from talking over his own ID while it is being sent.

3) If you want have your radio respond to an incoming QC tone sequence on a channel that does not mute ordinary dispatch traffic, program freq and PL in the Conventional Personality "Basic" screen. Define a QC system with the format used by your system and the tones for your radio, and in the "Signalling" screen of Conventional Personality, point to that QC system for Rx. Now -- and here is the part that sometimes trips people up -- once you set Rx Signalling to QC, you will un-grey a parameter called "Signalling Squelch." Set this for "OR" and your radio with both respond to a QC page AND hear dispatch traffic. Set it to "AND" and your radio will remain mute until it hears your QC tones (or a qualified group tone).

2009KVFD976

Im having problems on setting my scan lists. I have 5 zones and 5 scan lists. The question is: how can i get certain channels to work ONLY on certain scan lists?

RKG

The scan list that is in use at any one time is the scan list that is associated with the selected channel's "conventional personality."

Status
Not open for further replies.