Some illegal transmissions going on

Status
Not open for further replies.

nvanw27

River Central, TVC
Hello,

I was perusing the YouTubes this evening, and I found This. Apparently, this user has created their own radio activated siren control system. That in and upon itself is somewhat cool, it he’s transmitting illegally on a FRS/GMRS frequency with some Baofeng radios, and mentioned once on another platform that he does not have the license to do so. He’s also using some sets of two-tone from Waukesha County, Wisconsin.
If this doesn’t belong in this forum, please let me know and/or remove it. I’m just trying to let people in the area know about this. A while back I told him he was transmitting illegally, and he came up with a load of horse crap about it.
Thank you,
NVanW27

Reconrider

“I’ve seen other people do it and the fcc isn’t at their door so I think I’m ok”

that’s a really good answer. His voice sounds like he’s 15-16 so mommy and daddy will have to pay the fine if he’s caught. At this point I hope he does get caught for being cocky

Floridarailfanning

Premium Subscriber
“I’ve seen other people do it and the fcc isn’t at their door so I think I’m ok”
Too many people seem to think that they are "untouchable" from FCC enforcement and have this idea that no one cares about their unlicensed operations.

In recent years the FCC has mainly chased commercial broadcasters because that's where the money is but they do bust LMR violators occasionally, and it ain't cheap.
His voice sounds like he’s 15-16 so mommy and daddy will have to pay the fine if he’s caught. At this point I hope he does get caught for being cocky
He's not very smart sharing this illegal activity openly on YouTube and if he keeps it up his first car could very well be an FCC Forfeiture.

Remington12G

GØT AES?
Just read the comments, he really is being cocky. If they can pay for the Apple Mac and Apple Watch then I'm sure they can pay the fine once he causes interference will a legally operating station.

Last edited:

Reconrider

Just read the comments, he really is being cocky. If they can pay for the Apple Mac and Apple Watch then I'm sure they can pay the fine once he causes interference will a legally operating station.

Edit: I think my signature goes well with this thread
You don’t have a signature for me on mobile which is weird

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Sounds like a child. Don't encourage him/her by giving them views on their YouTubes account.

Yeah, it's in violation of several FCC rules, but (s)he's made it clear (s)he doesn't care. Like all teenagers, they are experts in everything and no one can tell them otherwise until they do some growing up. He/she gave the classic "I read it on the internet, so it's true" statement. No arguing with that one, is there?

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
So what? He's not causing any malicious interference, and isn't bothering anyone except for the keyboard warriors on this forum. Leave the kid alone.

Yep. Classic setup:
Kid + FRS + Baofeng = lots of fun.

Bigger things to worry about. With that setup he/she is probably lucky to get a mile or so range. We can feel sorry for all the FRS/GMRS users in that one mile range, but I doubt there are many. As always, best thing to do is just change the channel.

AB5ID

I didn't watch the video (yet) but if you look at his videos as a whole, he's definitely has a passion for sirens.

Maybe a budding engineer in the making? Better than video tutorials on how to make your own meth pipes.

obligatory meme:
baofeng-1233-jpg.89913

Attachments

• baofeng-1233.jpg
    baofeng-1233.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 537

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Actually, looking at some of the other videos, the kid seems to have an honest fascination with sirens.
Yeah, he's doing some stuff he shouldn't be with the radio, but when kids are young like that and have a lot of interest in technical things, that sort of goes with the territory. Good for him, finding something other than video games and TV.

JDrisc3480

Actually, looking at some of the other videos, the kid seems to have an honest fascination with sirens.
Yeah, he's doing some stuff he shouldn't be with the radio, but when kids are young like that and have a lot of interest in technical things, that sort of goes with the territory. Good for him, finding something other than video games and TV.
Right. It could be worse, he could be doing drugs or hanging with a gang and killing people

dcr_inc

Feed Provider *York Pa.*
Premium Subscriber
Hey we all used to play with CB walkies when we were young.. Remember the old 100 MW 27 MHz ones? We did stupid stuff with them.. Now days, The FRS blister packs are the new CB (Freaking Boufengs included).. Let him play.. Thats where the fun in electronics and RF comes from.. Lord knows, I did some stupid stuff and I turned out OK.. (in my opinion at least).. Over 40 years in RF and Two Way Radio.

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
His schtick is fire alarms, sirens, paging, alerting etc. Ive seen youtube channels like this before where their entire bedrooms are covered with commercial fire alarm equipment and control panels. I see a video hes got a control panel setup and the whole shebang with pull alarms and strobes in the basement. and sirens being tested outside taped to a fence, im sure the neighbors are happy. Just like some of us like commercial radios these people have obsession with commercial fire alarm equipment and sirens

If the obsession becomes too much we'll get the news stories of someone setting off firehouse sirens at night and a car outfitted with sirens and radios. I recall a while back a kid on youtube with radios programmed a mobile at home for his school channels and was casually talking to bus drivers LOL

R8000

Low Battery
Premium Subscriber
So what? He's not causing any malicious interference, and isn't bothering anyone except for the keyboard warriors on this forum. Leave the kid alone.
So when he find outs the illegal china radio can transmit on frequencies used by counties to activate sirens and then he's setting off sirens when he wants we'll just have a laugh and say "it's ok, he's not bothering anyone". Whatever.

I got a lot of overtime back in 2013 tracking down one of these "kids that aren't bothering anyone" setting off sirens on a VHF siren system I used to maintain. We didn't call the FCC, we let the Sheriff's Dept use local charges because we knew it was a joke to involve the FCC.

Also, as we know, these china radios are known for spraying spurs all over the band. Even though he may not be on a siren frequency, who knows what illegal spur will fly out of that cheap radio. If he's close enough to a siren controller with a RF receiver....well...you never know.

Having a interest in sirens is fine, no harm done. But when he's playing with a transmitter and a peice of software that can send two tone paging then there's a strong chance it could blossom into trouble.

Sorry. I guess I don't see the humor in this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.