Some Miami info Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Gentlemen.. Last year my family and I traveled to Orlando and had a great time. We are looking into going to Miami. Will be staying at the Holiday Inn at Port of Miami Downtown. I listen to Fire & EMS. Looks like I should program the MDFR convent. freq's and also system 151a. Any info would be helpful. Which Fire would I hear more of in this area?

Thank You
Mark

Merry Christmas to Everyone!!!

Scanner-geek

I'm from out of town but visit often. I would check out the following:

City of Miami trunked system (PD and Fire) which covers the city of Miami
MDFR conventional for metro Dade fire
Miami-Dade Police EDACS for metro Dade police
City of Miami Beach trunked system (PD and Fire)

That will give you plenty to listen to.

Feliz Naviscan
Scannergeek

sflmonitor

Premium Subscriber
Here is a bit of more detailed information that may be helpful:

You will be within the City of Miami. This TRS system has police and fire and all LG channels. Miami (City of) Public Safety Trunking System, Miami, Florida - Scanner Frequencies

MDFR conventional should also be programmed because they have some stations near you such as the Port of Miami (including their fireboats) sta. 39 & 73, Fisher Island sta. 42, and Key Biscayne sta. 15. Their primary dispatch channels are North, Central and West (South in simulcast with West, but not used). They also have a channel used at Miami International Airport. They rarely use the Miami Dade EDACS system except for SOME Medcom stuff with the Ryder Trauma Center, otherwise they use UHF Medcom. Dade County, Florida (FL) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

Miami Dade Police EDACS also has countywide operations including uniform patrol at the Port of Miami and Metrorail system. Police uses site 2. Miami-Dade County Trunking System, Miami-Dade, Florida - Scanner Frequencies

Hope this helps and have a great time.

SCPD

QRT
Thank You to everyone. Should have a GREAT time. Wife is looking forward to the mall across the street from the hotel. A Very Merry Christmas to all.

Mark

SCPD

QRT
Wanted to say Thank You to everyone for the info. Also I did a search of the Miami system and I saw alot of new talk groups in the 64xxx. Once again Thanks to all of you.

V/R
Mark

JANFINE

Premium Subscriber
MIAMI talkgroups in the 64xxx range

Most of those talkgroups in the 64xxx range are for Local Government not PD or FD.

Wanted to say Thank You to everyone for the info. Also I did a search of the Miami system and I saw alot of new talk groups in the 64xxx. Once again Thanks to all of you.

V/R
Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.