Some New Frequencies in Westchester

Status
Not open for further replies.

unleashedff248

Massachusetts DBA
Database Admin
Hey guys,

Did a quick look through the last 100 FCC licences (which I had also done a few months ago) and it appears there's a lot of action on the UHF bands.

First off is the NYPD. They look to be trying to build some sort of UHF interop radio system. They're under a few callsigns, one of which is WQKP785. There looks to be towers all over Westchester, including the northern parts. Should be interesting to see how this pans out. I keep forgetting to ask someone I know at DES about this. Anyone?

Second is repeater network LLC. The latest application is under WQLB306 but they have earlier ones as well. Seem to be building a countywide UHF trunked business repeater system. Licenses are in the 470/480 realm. I find this interesting, considering county DES was looking to add more voice channels to their trunked system and basically couldn't due to NYC proximity. Repeater network seems to be having no issue scooping up bandwidth.

Third is Metro-North railroad. Got a bunch of new (???) VHF licenses under WQKW303. I think these are new, I'm not much of a railroad listener. Database doesn't show them right now.

Fourth is Goldens Bridge FD. Looks to be installing a medium power UHF repeater probably for local ops or trunked patch (pure speculation). License is WQKW224.

Finally we have Dobbs Ferry. Looks to be trying to build a inter-police radio network? Consists of only FX1 type 40 watt transmitters. Licences are scattered around surrounding towns as well as DF itself. Anyone with more info? License is WQKX288.

Thanks,
Dave

Lynch_Christopher

Database Admin
Hey guys,

Did a quick look through the last 100 FCC licences (which I had also done a few months ago) and it appears there's a lot of action on the UHF bands.

First off is the NYPD. They look to be trying to build some sort of UHF interop radio system. They're under a few callsigns, one of which is WQKP785. There looks to be towers all over Westchester, including the northern parts. Should be interesting to see how this pans out. I keep forgetting to ask someone I know at DES about this. Anyone?

Second is repeater network LLC. The latest application is under WQLB306 but they have earlier ones as well. Seem to be building a countywide UHF trunked business repeater system. Licenses are in the 470/480 realm. I find this interesting, considering county DES was looking to add more voice channels to their trunked system and basically couldn't due to NYC proximity. Repeater network seems to be having no issue scooping up bandwidth.

Third is Metro-North railroad. Got a bunch of new (???) VHF licenses under WQKW303. I think these are new, I'm not much of a railroad listener. Database doesn't show them right now.

Fourth is Goldens Bridge FD. Looks to be installing a medium power UHF repeater probably for local ops or trunked patch (pure speculation). License is WQKW224.

Finally we have Dobbs Ferry. Looks to be trying to build a inter-police radio network? Consists of only FX1 type 40 watt transmitters. Licences are scattered around surrounding towns as well as DF itself. Anyone with more info? License is WQKX288.

Thanks,
Dave

In regard to the new VHF frequencies under WQKW303 for Metro North Railroad, I remember hearing that MNRR may in the testing phase of building a new LTR Trunked radio system. Not sure if there is any news as to the status of the new system.

unleashedff248

Massachusetts DBA
Database Admin
Interesting. I would go for that except their license is for IG, conventional only. Otherwise they'd be YG, right? It makes sense though, since there are probably about 20 unique frequencies here on the license, all based out of Croton Point. Unless they're going to apply for a modification one R&D is completed...

auxscan

Rr

Acording to the RR Database. NYPD already has Interops frequencies.

482.71250 Manhattan IO
482.73750 Bronx IO
482.78750 Brooklyn IO
482.81250 Queens
482.83750 Staten Island IO
482.68750 Citywide IO
NYPD Inter-Agency TAC-U

however these frequencies aren't active.

unleashedff248

Massachusetts DBA
Database Admin
Indeed, those are some of the frequencies listed. But there are others in the license. And we're looking at some 2500 units on the mobile licenses. So they're licensing for portable use too. I'm thinking a large county-wide police net not unlike those of Massachusetts (ie NEMLEC, BAPERN, etc). That's the only reason I can think of for a transmitter on South Bedford Rd. in Bedford, some 40 miles from NYC.

See Boston Area Police Emergency Radio Network (BAPERN)

Here's all the licenses so far:
WQKP785 - Bedford, NY
WQKI916 - Valhalla (60-Control/DES)
WQKG975 - Peekskill
WQKG755 - North Salem

Frequencies (8): Current Use?
1 482.38750000 20K0F3E FB2 1 0 50.000 NYPD CW-SI InterOp
2 482.53750000 11K3F1D FB2 1 0 50.000 NYPD SI-South InterOp
3 482.68750000 20K0F3E FB2 1 0 50.000 NYPD CW InterOp
4 482.71250000 20K0F1D FB2 1 0 50.000 NYPD Manhattan InterOp
5 482.73750000 11K3F9W FB2 1 0 50.000 NYPD Bronx InterOp
6 482.78750000 11K3F3E FB2 1 0 50.000 NYPD Brooklyn InterOp
7 482.81250000 11K3F9W FB2 1 0 50.000 NYPD Queens InterOp
8 482.83750000 11K3F3E FB2 1 0 50.000 NYPD SI-North InterOp

All northern half of the county. So what are we planning here?

Last edited:

psdefm84

Dobbs Ferry inter-police network

Setting up a inter police network with in the Town Of Greenburgh Hastings on Hudson,Dobbs Ferry
Ardsley, Irvington,Elmsford and Town of Grrenburgh Police Departments so the Departments can talk without
having to use the Westchester County Hotline

auxscan

ohh

so you mean a department to department interops frequencies.
like Nassua PD to NYPD
NYPD to jersey PD.
or yonkers to HWY PD
westcheaster to NYPD
suffolk pd to nassua pd?

unleashedff248

Massachusetts DBA
Database Admin
Somewhat, just more like only Westchester County departments. Who knows, could even be used to coordinate responses other than just PD in an emergency. Looks to be a way for everyone to talk to NYC.

Astrosaber

Premium Subscriber
Gents,

I believe that we already have a intercounty ops freq. 155.550 County PD channel number 3 has had a complete overhaul ( recievers, transmitters, etc) and every PD in the county now has a VHF base radio on frequency.

County PD does checks once every month, I believe on Sunday morning.

I also posted that NYPD new license for interop about a month ago. If it's the same one (Benefield ave water tank being one location) then there are some answers to your questions in the past post. Just need to find it.

wonkman

Help

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to scanning (don't even own one yet). I was interested in the Uniden BC370CRS and I am mainly interested in monitoring White Plains fire and police and the Westchester County Airport.

I was wondering if the changes described in this thread would possibly affect me since this is a conventional analog scanner. Could the departments that I mentioned be moving to a trunked/digital system?

Thanks for helping a noobie.

radiomanNJ1

155.55 has always been a Westchester Co. channel. It was channel 1 years ago. Since Bergen Co. has/had an operation on it they changed to 155.31. With agencies on UHF and VHF 155.55 is not a valid inter system channel. The UHF co. trunking system is up and running being used for fire but not Police.
Gents,

I believe that we already have a intercounty ops freq. 155.550 County PD channel number 3 has had a complete overhaul ( recievers, transmitters, etc) and every PD in the county now has a VHF base radio on frequency.

County PD does checks once every month, I believe on Sunday morning.

I also posted that NYPD new license for interop about a month ago. If it's the same one (Benefield ave water tank being one location) then there are some answers to your questions in the past post. Just need to find it.

Alarms50

The Westchester County UHF Trunked System was designed for Fire/EMS response (not on scene operations), BeeLine buses, and Hospital radio communications. All Westchester County Police agencies have a Trunked Radio at their dispatch point, but the System was not designed to have the capacity to support day to day Police operations.

Status
Not open for further replies.