some "old school" assistance needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffreyinberthoud

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Can someone PM me regarding programming my 780 for trunking ..Westy and what ever else it will do
Ive lost my 396, its dead and I want to monitor as much as I can thanks.

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
The wiki is your friend and has a link to the user manual.

BC780XLT - The RadioReference Wiki

Programming in conventional is straightforward. Turn on the bank you want to use hit manual to stop on the channel in the bank you want to use and enter the freq. To set the ctcss or dcs hit manual on the the channel you wish to add the squelch to. Hit enter and it will put you in the squelch menu for ctcss dcs etc then scroll down to the proper code.

Trunking is a bit intimidating for some entering it manually and time consuming but is achievable.

jeffreyinberthoud

Banned
Thanks phil I hope this will help ,Its been a long time since I have had to trunk with the 780
such is life . Sucks having no DTRS big time

the wierd thing is the westy system freqs I can hear TG's but dont see them on radio and if I turn on trunking I hear nothing seams odd guess I got to re rememer allI forgot.....Like I said "old school"
also trying to remember the "wipe evrything code so I can reformat scanner

jeffreyinberthoud

Banned
What killed your 396?[/

What killed your 396?

well origionally it was sub freezing temps Last winter and my headphone jack cracked due to stressing it with mobile speaker connection (also frozzen stiff) , after finding out Uniden was going to charge me $ 200
plus for repair I pulled it appart my self and soldered wire leads to the pins and been jumping it that way till recently my light shorted out and it no longer works on batteries anyway its time to beg borrow and pray I can siomeday replace the digital ........................Im thinking a GRE 500 this time .

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
With the radio powered off it's either hold down 2-9-scan and power up or 2-9-manual and power up. One resets everything the other sets test frequencies.

As for EDACS trunking.

Menu-2(scan option)
2 (Trunk)
Manually step to the bank you want to set the trunk system to.
Enter
1 (Trunk Type)
1 (On)
enter
limit (down arrow) to EDCS Wide
enter
2 (Trunk Channel)
enter
use the up and down arrows to get to the bank channel number in this case xx1
enter
1 (frequency)
enter the 1st frequency or LCN 1 of the edacs system
enter
it will ask for an alpha tag just press enter to bypass it
hold (up arrow) to the next channe in this case xx2
enter
(repeat these steps entering LCN 2 through 10 making sure they match up with the system you are enterning's LCN.

when finished press menu
press scan

The display will either show ID scan with frequency below it folllowed by LIST 1234567890 or Bank with active banks displayed. To switch between the 2 modes use the . key below the number 7 to switch modes. Make sure that the bank you setup the system in is turned on. Press the SRCH button to go into talkgroup search.

If you entered all the LCN's correctly the scanner should work in talkgroup search mode. This should hold you until you are able to get talkgroups added to the scanlists.

You can set various settings to your liking such as Talkgroups, I-CALL, emergency alert etc. By using the Menu-2-2 use the arrows to go to the trunked bank enter and scroll down to set other options such as I.D. delay time and I-CALL and emergency alert settings.

At any time while in the menu system pressing menu returns you to the previous menu item.

Hopefully this helps.

jeffreyinberthoud

Banned
Thanks to all Phil its 92MAN for cleering memory 92Scan had some strange message
woking on westy now thanks again for all the help

Status
Not open for further replies.