some one that uses the butel software

Status
Not open for further replies.

lugoffman

Does anyone know when useing the butel software ,and going through the software to the R.R Data base and putting frequencys in ,does it automaticly set your pl tones and digital pl tones and set the frequency to the right digital consept it needs to be ? If not can some one send me a file from the butel program for a BC296D for the columbia SC area thats got digital stuff on it so I can get a idea on how to set everything up?? THANKS---- Jason

lugoffman

lugoffman said:
Does anyone know when useing the butel software ,and going through the software to the R.R Data base and putting frequencys in ,does it automaticly set your pl tones and digital pl tones and set the frequency to the right digital consept it needs to be ? If not can some one send me a file from the butel program for a BC296D for the columbia SC area thats got digital stuff on it so I can get a idea on how to set everything up?? THANKS---- Jason
Ok I got the software to load frequencys to my scanner from the RRdata base.

Now my question is will the bc296d scan both conv. and digital at the same time ?

(example) bank 1 conv. channel with some digital PL tones . bank 0 palm800 with digital talk groups , and some analog talk groups

Question #2 I have made up a file of every thing I want to monitor , if someone that uses this same software does not mind can I send you this file to see if you can check it over and see what it is I'm doing wrong and let me know what I need to fix to get the full use out of this radio Thanks ----Jason

Highpockets

lugoffman said:
Ok I got the software to load frequencys to my scanner from the RRdata base.

Now my question is will the bc296d scan both conv. and digital at the same time ?

(example) bank 1 conv. channel with some digital PL tones . bank 0 palm800 with digital talk groups , and some analog talk groups

Question #2 I have made up a file of every thing I want to monitor , if someone that uses this same software does not mind can I send you this file to see if you can check it over and see what it is I'm doing wrong and let me know what I need to fix to get the full use out of this radio Thanks ----Jason

Attach the file, I'll look at it first chance I get, or I'm sure someone in your area will.

Highpockets

lugoffman said:
See if this file works i think I got it

I don't live near you so I don't know what everything is, but it could be cleaned up a little, want me to fool with it a little, but I'll need a little time. If you don't like what I do, don't use it, it may give you an idea on arrangement in a little better order.

Highpockets

I don't know all the names of the towns, etc. you'll have to look at them all, edit/make changes. etc. I would try to organize your trunk id's better, try to put pd's, fd's, ems together and utilize your scan list tags (Name List), your set up looks fine.

Last edited:

lugoffman

Highpockets said:
I don't live near you so I don't know what everything is, but it could be cleaned up a little, want me to fool with it a little, but I'll need a little time. If you don't like what I do, don't use it, it may give you an idea on arrangement in a little better order.
I tell you what you go ahead and tinker with it , do it just like you want to do it and I will take a look at it and go from there. Cause I really dont know how to arrange it the propper way. All I can tell you is that Bank 1 , is my local Fire , EMS , and city police , and Bank 2 is a town I go to on the weekends to see the race. Bank 3 is were my mother lives. And the rest is a road trip to Myrtle Beach. Except for bank 7 ,8 , 9 , 0 Bank 7 is Columbia I go there on a every other day bases. Bank 8 is just sled and other state agency's . Bank 9 is DNR and some other stuff and bank ,0 is my home town palm 800 digital stuff. But it don't matter to me on how you mess with it I just want to have it right then I can go back and look at how you did it and learn more from it. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP ------Jason

Highpockets

lugoffman said:
I tell you what you go ahead and tinker with it , do it just like you want to do it and I will take a look at it and go from there. Cause I really dont know how to arrange it the propper way. All I can tell you is that Bank 1 , is my local Fire , EMS , and city police , and Bank 2 is a town I go to on the weekends to see the race. Bank 3 is were my mother lives. And the rest is a road trip to Myrtle Beach. Except for bank 7 ,8 , 9 , 0 Bank 7 is Columbia I go there on a every other day bases. Bank 8 is just sled and other state agency's . Bank 9 is DNR and some other stuff and bank ,0 is my home town palm 800 digital stuff. But it don't matter to me on how you mess with it I just want to have it right then I can go back and look at how you did it and learn more from it. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP ------Jason

Already did, look at the post where I attached the example file.

lugoffman

Highpockets said:
Already did, look at the post where I attached the example file.
Now do I still get my local police and sheriff I dont see them there Lol!!! cause I got another radio with all my Fire and EMS on it now tell me how do i look at my talk group list on this thing that I could never figure out

lugoffman

OK IM SORRY I see how you did it I see my local sheriff pretty good i'LL tri it out its a lot more organized I see lol !!! But does this program have it to were you can see your tgid's cause I haven't yet found them thats the main thing I wanted to see how it was done

Highpockets

lugoffman said:
OK IM SORRY I see how you did it I see my local sheriff pretty good i'LL tri it out its a lot more organized I see lol !!! But does this program have it to were you can see your tgid's cause I haven't yet found them thats the main thing I wanted to see how it was done

Under the trunk pull down menu, ID list, pick one of the trunk tabs to see the id's in that system.

lugoffman

Why the move

Hey I just noticed that this thread was moved , and I was wondering why ??? I was told to post this in my South Carolina thread , and I did , the whole point was to see if any one in South Carolina had a file for this type of software , that they might be able to send me to take a look at so I could see what I was doing wrong and it got moved. How ever I did get some feed back but I'm still looking for some one in my area (South Carolina , Columbia , Kershaw county , Lee county , Chesterfield county , Landcaster county , Horry county , Darlington county) that may have a file that they could send me to take a look at. I'm not book smart and I learn better buy looking at other peoples stuff. And then take what the book says and seeing what people puts in the spots, and the stuff that I dont understand in the books ,and then put two and two together to learn from it. So no harm done but could I get this sent back to the south carolina forum to get a little better information from it ???? THANKS----Jason

Ace809

this is a file i saved using the butel software so use it to open......its some stuff i have in my scanner so i hope it helps......

Attachments

• Florence.zip
    6.8 KB · Views: 54

lugoffman

Ace809 said:
this is a file i saved using the butel software so use it to open......its some stuff i have in my scanner so i hope it helps......
I cant get this file to pull up on the butel software I am clicking on the file and and then clicking on open and then putting the file in my documents and then going to the software and clicking on file and open new file and then I can not find the file no were in the document am I doing somthing wrong

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
The file that was provided is a .zip file - you need to unzip it, then place the result where the BuTel software can find it. There are LOTS of utilities that can unzip that file, the most popular being WinZip, amongst many others.

73 Mike

lugoffman

ka3jjz said:
The file that was provided is a .zip file - you need to unzip it, then place the result where the BuTel software can find it. There are LOTS of utilities that can unzip that file, the most popular being WinZip, amongst many others.

73 Mike
Well I got files before but this one I cant figure out what to do when I click on the file and click on extract all then I send it to my documents its not there am I still doing somthing wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.