some problems with Uniden Scanners!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nec208

Over the years, I have owned some scanners .And I must say I don't really like Uniden Scanners.The reason is cheap battery and cheap labeling that peels off and you can't make out the keypad.

Also the Uniden scanners get alot of interference.There is nothing you can do about the labeling that peels off .But get a new one.:p :p Or remember the keypad in your head.

Has for the battery you need extra batteries in the house.Anyone else have had those problems.

kg4pbd

No.

Almost three years of daily use of a '396 and it still looks like new. And it will go for 10 hours on one set of fully charged batteries. It also is less prone to intermod than any of my other scanners.

garys

Premium Subscriber
How much battery life you get with the newer scanners depends on what type of batteries you're using. I have Duracell 2650Mah AAs in my 396 and 330 and get great battery life.

Your complaints are so generic that they don't make any sense. Which scanners are you talking about? After three years of fairly hard use, only the word Uniden has rubbed off of my 396. Other than that, mine is in good shape.

Gary

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Uniden had a problem with silk screening of the faceplate of the early 396s which was repaired at no cost. My 396 has since been ground into the dirt in the foot well of a fire truck (by accident), and gone through various other issues of wear and tear both extreme and mundane, and it still looks like it did when it came back from repair.

I have not had a problem with the batteries of a scanner since the annoyance they put in the 235, 245, and 250.. which they eventually learned to do away with.

kenisned

Premium Subscriber
nec208 said:
Over the years, I have owned some scanners .And I must say I don't really like Uniden Scanners.The reason is cheap battery and cheap labeling that peels off and you can't make out the keypad.

Also the Uniden scanners get alot of interference.There is nothing you can do about the labeling that peels off .But get a new one.:p :p Or remember the keypad in your head.

Has for the battery you need extra batteries in the house.Anyone else have had those problems.

Which scanners?

I Have a 780 that is pretty old, a bc250d that has been around a while, a 996 that is at least 2 years old.

Your post lacks some key info.

N

nec208

kenisned said:
Which scanners?

I Have a 780 that is pretty old, a bc250d that has been around a while, a 996 that is at least 2 years old.

May be I just got bad scanners :lol: Ya I should not have generalized like that.

But I have had problems with the labeling that peels off the keypad.Than you do not know what key is what.

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
Are you talking about the 396T?

Thats known as silk screening and occured on some of the original 396T's
Do you have an old 396T that was one of the first that came out?

I believe you can apply to Uniden for a FREE face replacement.
I forget the address to go to though for the Uniden email.

nec208 said:
May be I just got bad scanners :lol: Ya I should not have generalized like that.

But I have had problems with the labeling that peels off the keypad.Than you do not know what key is what.

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
I thought you had 3x 996's ?

kenisned said:
Which scanners?

kenisned

Premium Subscriber
torontokris said:
I thought you had 3x 996's ?

Your funny, and that post is almost a month old.

Here is my entire inventory, which has been confirmed by an independant accounting firm:

Unidens
BCD996T 3 (Home office, car w/remote head, work office)
BC15 1
BC780XLT 1 at home
BC250D 1 at home
SC200 1 at home
BC245c__ 1 at home

Moto Two ways
2 CDM1250's UHF T Band
1 CDM1250 VHF High
1 XTS1500 1.5 VHF High
HT1000 VHF High
GP2000 UHF
PRO2150 VHF
MT1000 UHF

And a nextel phone and blackberry.

Thanks for your interest.

N

nec208

torontokris said:
Are you talking about the 396T?

Thats known as silk screening and occured on some of the original 396T's
Do you have an old 396T that was one of the first that came out?

I believe you can apply to Uniden for a FREE face replacement.
I forget the address to go to though for the Uniden email.

No I'm talking about labeling that peels off and you cannot make out the keys like scan,hold,search,trunk,att so on.

Dubbin

Feed Provider
nec208 said:
No I'm talking about labeling that peels off and you cannot make out the keys like scan,hold,search,trunk,att so on.

What radios are you having these problems with?

Status
Not open for further replies.