Some SUB Forum Observations

Status
Not open for further replies.

WILSON43

Premium Subscriber
While not scientific by any stretch, I noticed the following now that we have SUB forums in the Uniden Forum area of RR :

Based upon the number of posts -

1. Number one is Uniden Software Discussion. What does that tell you?

2. Number two is Uniden Owner Tech Support. Interesting.

3. Number three is Uniden BUG reports. Even more interesting.

4. Coming in at Number 4, after the top three being basically technical, software and bug problems is the Uniden tavern. The place in the back of the room designed to send all those whiners and malcontents.

Actual performance and potential buyers are the last two!

Now, I realize these sub forums encompass all Uniden models, but we all know what the latest buzz is all about.

I found this revealing, food for thought, and possible discussion.

forums manager

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Based upon the number of posts
I wouldn't gather any thoughts based on number of posts since most of what I've recently moved is within the BCDx36HP release period, plus is only about two weeks max of threads. There are still several hundred threads in the parent forum most will go to an Archived forum and some of the newer will be moved.

The order is based on where we want to direct members first. If we put the Tavern first a lot of stuff would end up there (a lot like what General Scanning was doing when it was first in order), which should go in Tech Support or other subs. People stop at the forum they see and even if it remotely matches, post there.

The place in the back of the room designed to send all those whiners and malcontents.
No, it's not designed for that. If people are going to whine it's the best place for it. There's nothing stopping us from moving threads to the Rants forum.

I have to hit a balance of number of forums versus purpose. It's even possible in a month I may change things around based on popularity and traffic.

desert-cheetah

Premium Subscriber
Personally, I'm digging the new sub-forums. They're taking some getting used to, as does any new feature, but it's neat being able to go to a thread about potential owners and not have to weed through all the threads about firmware and the headphone issue etc :)

Status
Not open for further replies.