Somebody please help me before Uniden drives me insane

Status
Not open for further replies.

W4UVV

Success at last!!

Finally success at last! I do not know exactly what I did to possibly impact a successful key code entries session. This time I powered on the 536 and selected the menu DMR upgrade key code entry window. Very slowly and carefully sight checked each scrolled entry to the key entry's completion. I pressed "E" and instead of the "Input Processing Error" message, "Processing Please Wait" displayed and subsequently a message similar to "Update Properly Installed". Obviously, I did something wrong but I am not sure exactly what it was.

Thanks again to everyone who took time trying to help me. I was so excited to get a good DMR update processed I haven't thought yet about checking out the area DMR activity with the 534. Since in my area the two major two way radio installers are Motorola affiliated, 95% of central Virginia SDR users are MOTOTRBO.

John

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Finally success at last! I do not know exactly what I did to possibly impact a successful key code entries session. This time I powered on the 536 and selected the menu DMR upgrade key code entry window. Very slowly and carefully sight checked each scrolled entry to the key entry's completion. I pressed "E" and instead of the "Input Processing Error" message, "Processing Please Wait" displayed and subsequently a message similar to "Update Properly Installed". Obviously, I did something wrong but I am not sure exactly what it was.

Thanks again to everyone who took time trying to help me. I was so excited to get a good DMR update processed I haven't thought yet about checking out the area DMR activity with the 534. Since in my area the two major two way radio installers are Motorola affiliated, 95% of central Virginia SDR users are MOTOTRBO.

John
Start here to see what is in use in or near your area: Digital Frequency Search

There is also an import option to bring the data intro Sentinel.

W4UVV

Key code finally successfully installed

If you have not already done so, I would suggest going back to the MyUniden page, and verifying that what is shown on the page for your scanner (serial number, ESN, as well as check sum) matches exactly what is on the scanner. If all that matches up, and you have updated to the latest firmware (I believe you said you had, right?), then I'm at loss for other suggestions, assuming that you have verified the correct key (no typos).

Code finally successfully installed. Tnx.

John

W4UVV

DMR databases

Start here to see what is in use in or near your area: Digital Frequency Search

There is also an import option to bring the data intro Sentinel.
-----

Thanks, I am familiar with that database and the import options. I use ARC536PRO for programing my 536. I imported my 996XT files, edited them as FLs and wrote them to my 536. I also have maintained a VA frequency database since 1985 for the common emission modes analog/P25 P1/P2, plus DMR and NXDN.

I am in the process doing a partial master file reconciliation and have been able to flag about 14,000 expired licenses so far which I removed from the master file and saved as a separate "Expired" file. We still have some radio users who continue operating on expired licenses. It is a "snapshot" moment in time but it permits me to remove a big chunk of "clutter" from the master file.

I do FCC updates for Virginia weekly. The majority of DMR licenses in Virginia typically are analog and MOTOTRBO emissions. MOTORTRBO only licenses typically are noticeably smaller in number.

Thanks again.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.