Somebody please help me before Uniden drives me insane

Status
Not open for further replies.

W4UVV

Possible ECN conflict?

I checked, and no issue with your key. Something you are doing wrong...

Would you please respond providing me the necessary telephone number to speak to a Repair Service tech help person discussing my present 536 DMR upgrade problem(s) and info as to the process, if required sending my 536 to Uniden Repair to effect the necessary actions, including making the DMR update I previously paid for and any other problems Repair Service may discover.

Thanks very much for your time and interest in my present 536/DMR upgrade dilemma.

Respectfully,

John

W4UVV

Type scanner entered correctly

Hopefully UPMan will drop in here and PM you or give you a good phone number to call.

I also recall the Uniden web site to register the radio you can easily screw up and choose the wrong radio model in the drop box.

There are a few pit falls you have to look out for and getting the proper serial number and format is one of them.

The type of scanner was entered correctly as BCD536. Tnx.

John

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
I would say video your input actions, bring up the ESN and serial using your cell phone or video camera, run through entering the digits, and post it up on youtube, then link it here, so the "mob" and UPMan can see it happening.

Paul

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
You've confirmed that the ESN you entered is correct (which is also verified by the checksum not failing). I've confirmed that the DMR key generated by the system and on your account is correct. I could generate a key for you, but it will be identical to the key you already have. Well, actually I did generate a key (8CC469-23763744-D66009-10FD) and it is identical to what is in your account.

Not sure what a CSR can do, but 1-800-297-1023 is the number.

W4UVV

I don't know what to do

You've confirmed that the ESN you entered is correct (which is also verified by the checksum not failing). I've confirmed that the DMR key generated by the system and on your account is correct. I could generate a key for you, but it will be identical to the key you already have. Well, actually I did generate a key (8CC469-23763744-D66009-10FD) and it is identical to what is in your account.

Not sure what a CSR can do, but 1-800-297-1023 is the number.

UPMAN,

Tnx for the reply. I did some screen captures (attached) this morning and deleted most of my previous RR attachment posts so I will not be over the max size allowed. As you said your upgrade key is exactly the same as mine.

Attached are pics of:

Sentinel Software version 1.07 revision 5
536 registered info on uniden website for "My Account".
536 current ESN display (My pre-upgrade ESN was 37526048004595)
536 Firmware baseline (1.11.20)
536 DMR Upgrade entry screen showing first group. From initially selecting the first group with or without the hypen entered and cursor on or off the hypen I received the error message.
536 first key upgrade group with enter made with cursor on "hypen" and off "hypen".

I tried to pay close attention to detail and follow the instructions. I have no idea why it did not work or else to try.

As a possible alternative solution can Repair Service, after doing a global reset to a pre-DMR upgrade configuration status with a new ESN; delete my present upgrade key previously provided; remove it from my Uniden on line account and refund my DMR upgrade payment? Subsequently, I will apply again as a new DMR upgrade only user paying the $60. I can recreate a 536 profile and FL file and rewrite all my FLs to the 536.

It looks like I am at a deadend "catch 22" situation. Any help would be appreciated. Tnx.

John

Last edited:

W4UVV

Please see my response to UPMAN

I would say video your input actions, bring up the ESN and serial using your cell phone or video camera, run through entering the digits, and post it up on youtube, then link it here, so the "mob" and UPMan can see it happening.

Paul

Paul,

I am not able to do as your requested. My cell phone is a prepaid old flip type and to edit a video of the actions I would take would be quite lengthy and some of which I cannot redo. Please read my response to UPMAN. Tnx.

John

Jimru

Premium Subscriber
UPMAN,

Tnx for the reply. I did some screen captures (attached) this morning and deleted most of my previous RR attachment posts so I will not be over the max size allowed. As you said your upgrade key is exactly the same as mine.

Attached are pics of:

Sentinel Software version 1.07 revision 5

536 registered info on uniden website for "My Account".

536 current ESN display (My pre-upgrade ESN was 37526048004595)

536 Firmware baseline (1.11.20)

536 DMR Upgrade entry screen showing first group. From initially selecting the first group with or without the hypen entered and cursor on or off the hypen I received the error message.

536 first key upgrade group with enter made with cursor on "hypen" and off "hypen".

I tried to pay close attention to detail and follow the instructions. I have no idea why it did not work or else to try.

As a possible alternative solution can Repair Service, after doing a global reset to a pre-DMR upgrade configuration status with a new ESN; delete my present upgrade key previously provided; remove it from my Uniden on line account and refund my DMR upgrade payment? Subsequently, I will apply again as a new DMR upgrade only user paying the $60. I can recreate a 536 profile and FL file and rewrite all my FLs to the 536.

It looks like I am at a deadend "catch 22" situation. Any help would be appreciated. Tnx.

John

Er, um, aren't these keys something you would want to keep private between you and UPMan?

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Keys are unique to scanner serial number, so sharing them isn't going to aid fraud unless you happen to have a scanner with the exact same serial number.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
So, you are saying you are pressing E before entering the entire key? That would certainly result in an invalid key error.

JamesO

DO NOT push enter until the entire key have been input.

When you get to a hyphen, like on the screen you showed, you just push the number 6 to advance.

Also do not push the scroll wheel, just use the 6 button on the keypad until you are finished entering the key along with hyphens.

W4UVV

A sample first section of my complete key only

So, you are saying you are pressing E before entering the entire key? That would certainly result in an invalid key error.

No. I showed only the first 6 positions including my hypen spacing as an example for my complete key as a response to a thread as I did not want to show my complete key. However, later you listed the complete key so then it made no difference. I entered the complete key with hypens and still received the error message after each attempt..

John

W4UVV

I was aware

DO NOT push enter until the entire key have been input.

When you get to a hyphen, like on the screen you showed, you just push the number 6 to advance.

Also do not push the scroll wheel, just use the 6 button on the keypad until you are finished entering the key along with hyphens.

I was aware and understood about the 4 and 6 commands and pressing "E" after the complete key entries. Tnx.

John

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I agree. That's why I wasn't concerned about others attempting to use the same key. Tnx.

John
If you have not already done so, I would suggest going back to the MyUniden page, and verifying that what is shown on the page for your scanner (serial number, ESN, as well as check sum) matches exactly what is on the scanner. If all that matches up, and you have updated to the latest firmware (I believe you said you had, right?), then I'm at loss for other suggestions, assuming that you have verified the correct key (no typos).

kd7ckq

Since you have tried everything and nothing has helped. Why don't you try a factory reset. Then enter the DMR key.
When you do the reset, verify your FW version. If not update the FW without writing your files to your scanner. Then enter the key.

Ubbe

I remember I had some problems when entering the DMR key. I tried 5-6 times and then realised that when entering the last digit I had to move the cursor one more time to the right before hitting E.

/Ubbe

Status
Not open for further replies.