someone please help me, confused

Status
Not open for further replies.

bear1195

Okay I live in lakeland fl, and currently we have this event going on called sun in fun fly in, its a big airshow, i would love to listen to the ground crew and security for the show, so while i was walking around i glanced at one of the security persons radio, by the way it was a regular 2 way motorola radio, the channel said 10 and then it had the security channel set at 20. So I go get my 2 way radio and set it to the exact same channel but i can't hear anything and nothing seems to be active on the channel, what could be the problem?

JStemann

Premium Subscriber
If I'm understanding correctly, the displays on the respective radios showed "10" and "20" ? Then you dialed your 2-way radio to channels "10" and "20" ? Based on this information we have no idea what frequency in mhz his radio was set to. It could be anywhere in the 150, 450, or 800mhz bands, guess there are a few other bands it could be too, but those would be the most common.

As for your 2-way radio, unless you work for the same entity that the security person does, then your 2-way will be programmed quite differently than theirs. Was the security private or police/sheriff/State Police?
Try this link below for an idea of what frequencies you will need to get started. This is from the database listing at the top of the page.

Sun 'n Fun Fly-In Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

Jeff.

also you may want to post in the florida or getting started sections for more specific help.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.