Somerset and Worcester Co. EDACS

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Hello Maryland, I'm have recently loaded Somerset and Worcester Co. EDACS systems into my 163 and have not heard nothing. The reason I loaded them is because one night this week at 10 pm I was hearing multiple Wicomico TG's such as MSP Salisbury, Wicomico Sheriffs Office EMS 2 FG 2E , I loaded them in just for fun. I have the frq's set for EDACS put them in as in the LCN is listed and loaded the TG's correctly, still haven't heard anything , just curious?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Are you hearing any transmissions if you listen to the freqs conventionally? If not then you may be out of range. A better antenna would be called for here (you didn't say what antenna you are using...) Otherwise probably the only way to truly diagnose the issue is to dump your programming, zip (compress) it with one of the popular utilities and post it (what software are you using, if any?) - that way other users can likely see what is wrong...Mike

SCPD

QRT
I am using a RS 800 MHz antenna, I have tried listening to them conventionally but some of the frequencies are used in Norfolk and Portsmouth. So I think that throws the scanner off I programmed this by hand I just did this for fun.

ocguard

I am using a RS 800 MHz antenna, I have tried listening to them conventionally but some of the frequencies are used in Norfolk and Portsmouth. So I think that throws the scanner off I programmed this by hand I just did this for fun.

Worcester is too far to hear the 800mhz side from your area. Not sure about Somerset. They are VHF so your 800mhz antenna isn't doing anything to help that matter. Try something big, like the RS telescoping multi-band.

ocguard

I stand corrected. Didn't Somerset's EDACS system used to be VHF!? Since they are both 800mhz, you are probably too far to hear the systems. Because they are coastal plains, the antennas are fairly low. You should hear their VHF simulcasts.

screenersam

I hate motrbro
not much action on Soco, esp since the sheriffs are on provoice (grrr!) and you can't get them.
I live there and can have it on for hours w/o any traffic.
monday morning is best time. monday evening at 6 they do announcements.

screenersam

I hate motrbro
sorry for delayed response; yes I do hear Soco fire calls, just not very often. the system works fine, we just don't get many.
I hear edacs/provoice is being discontinued! hopefully in a year or two I'll be able to get those deputies again!

SCPD

QRT
Tonite I'm getting a pretty strong signal from Wicomico I've heard clear voice transmissions with 2 to3 bars from Sheriffs Office MSP Fire Dept , right now I'm listening to a fire on Salisbury HQ and Salisbury FD Ops 2

Status
Not open for further replies.