Somerset County New Jersey

Status
Not open for further replies.

J1scan

Hi;

I am new to the forum and was wondering if anyone else out there is from central NJ and could give me some help. I am not new to scanning but I am new to Trunk scanning. I have a Uniden BC235XLT scanner and was wondering if anyone has the frequencies for the Somerset County Central Region. I see the talk group ID's listed on this site but with the BC235XLT you have to have the frequencies to do a search before you can enter the talk group ID's. I would appreciate any help you kind folks could give me.

THANKS!

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
If you mean this system...

Somerset County Trunking System, Various, New Jersey - Scanner Frequencies

The frequencies are all there. You will need to choose which site you are closest to so you can get a reliable signal. Keep in mind that the 235 is a first generation scanner, so you can only trunk on a system, or listen to conventional freqs - but not both in a single pass.

Also any talkgroup marked 'D' is digital - the 235 can't handle that. Nor can any scanner handle those talkgroups marked 'E' (encrypted).

Programming this radio might be something of a challenge due to the number of offsets as shown in the database. I'd go over to the NJ forum (links are always blue) and see if someone can point you in the right direction.

best regards..Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.