Somerset County P25 System

Status
Not open for further replies.

dahlio

On the 700mhz side is Hillsborough, Manville, Bernards (with a patch as well), and Dunellen's Dispatch Console. Dunellen is using the UHF side for all other units, which is why it comes over both. Those portables/mobiles are from when they were using P-Way's system. Dunellen is all FDMA from what I have seen.

DSC45

Premium Subscriber
on the somerset county p-25 TRS... does anyone know why the 700 mhz side of the system is so much weaker than the 500 mhz side in some area?s I am thinking not every site is equipped with 700 radios..or the 700 signal is just weaker ? .does anyone have a list of sites ? and know which sites have only 500 mhz radios ?

I believe Bedminster, Far Hills, Peapak Gladstone, North Plainfield and Green Brook are operating off the 500 Simulcast System on
analog.

Somerville, Raritan, Branchburg, Manville, Montgomery, South Bound Brook and Dunellen are digital operating on Phase l.

Bernards, Hillsborough and eventually Bridgewater are digital and operate off Phase ll.

Last edited:

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
Everytime I have have monitored Dunellen, all the radio ID's have been in NJICS format. Are you sure they are using UHF?

Bernard's radio's have been in the 48xxx range.

W2SJW

Database Admin
That equals 11760 on the older system, which isn't a listed TGID either. Local PD's would be using their '2x2' numbering system, so that might be a county agency unit...

Ninja-edit - that TGID is right next to a TG known to be used by Montgomery PD...

Theo

Premium Subscriber
I've been listening to the 700 system with a amp from Lambertville area for months with 3-4 bars now nothing. There must be a site down somewhere.

dahlio

my bcd436 hp indicates its receiving Dunellen on the 700 side..(not uhf.) .. with p25 mode

It's simulcast on both. The subscriber units are on UHF, the dispatch Consolette is 700mhz so you will hear it on both sites.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Ok, you guys are confusing the heck out of me. "Technically," Somerset County has three systems (500 Smartzone, 500 P25 and 700 P25). From what I'm reading, only the 700 side is Phase II. From what I'm also reading, some of the analog TGs are simulcasted on 500 P25, 700 P25 or both. I'm also reading some units use 700 P25 exclusively. As you can see, this gets really complicated to know who is where.

What I'd like to do is make a list of who is where and on what system and maybe we can list that in the DB. For example:

UHF Smartzone
Region XYZ
ABC PD
DEF PD (simulcasted on 500 P25)

500 P25
DEF PD (simulcasted from UHF Smartzone)
GHI PD (exclusive)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

W2SJW

Database Admin
Correct. They came from the Piscataway TRS, so their radios are still the UHF models. Where you hear a unit & what band they are actually on don't always match when it comes to Somerset right now!

Sent from my Galaxy S4 via Tapatalk 4

richee2000

Communications Professional
Sea Bright NJ, Livingston NJ, Basking Ridge NJ
what I would like to know is.. can anyone tell me the actual transmitter sites (locations) being used in the Somerset County p-25 TRS ? and are ALL sites BOTH 700/500 ? i am trying to figure out what type of antenna to use and where to point it... I still cant hear The Bernards Twp PD at my home in bernards twp clearly... i must be in a bad spot for the system.. but the interesting thing is, ALL other agencies on the system come in loud and clear..which makes no sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.