Somerset County P25 System

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSC45

Premium Subscriber
I haven't received Montgomery Township & South Bound Brook (Region 8) in the last couple of days.

Has something changed?

Thanks, Dave

KC2ZHY

Feed Provider
I haven't received Montgomery Township & South Bound Brook (Region 8) in the last couple of days.

Has something changed?

Thanks, Dave

I got a couple hits on them just now. I'm not sure would be going on otherwise, but I'll try to find out.

DSC45

Premium Subscriber
Hearing SBB and Montgomery cars talking now. Nothing seems any different.

I don't understand this, been monitoring Region 8 since 7:00am this morning, on two separate receivers, NOTHING!

ist time this has happened.

DSC45

Premium Subscriber
Not receiving Montgomery & SSB PD

Could this be related to a repeater problem in my area?

DSC45

Premium Subscriber
Region 8

A few minutes ago, two faint messages were picked up and couldn't legibly understand the content.

DSC45

Premium Subscriber
Very odd. I'm in Somerville and I have good reception. I wonder if the they made any changes to the system for Bernards that is causing destructive interference at your location...

I seen that change with Bernards, and updated my database in the HP-1 and 536hp's. Was going to program Bernards but couldn't find the listing.

Up till this week, I always received Montgomery and SBB very clearly, as I do with the entire Somerset County.

If as you suggested, ( changes to the system for Bernards that is causing destructive interference at your location) how can that be reversed?

You are always a big help to me, I really appreciate it!

Thank you,
Dave

KC2ZHY

Feed Provider
I seen that change with Bernards, and updated my database in the HP-1 and 536hp's. Was going to program Bernards but couldn't find the listing.

Up till this week, I always received Montgomery and SBB very clearly, as I do with the entire Somerset County.

If as you suggested, ( changes to the system for Bernards that is causing destructive interference at your location) how can that be reversed?

You are always a big help to me, I really appreciate it!

Thank you,
Dave
Reversing it is not something that you could do. However, you could try moving the location of your scanner and seeing if that improves anything. There's unfortunately a handful of factors that you would need to go through to troubleshoot.

DSC45

Premium Subscriber
Reversing it is not something that you could do. However, you could try moving the location of your scanner and seeing if that improves anything. There's unfortunately a handful of factors that you would need to go through to troubleshoot.

Thank you so much!

richee2000

Communications Professional
Sea Bright NJ, Livingston NJ, Basking Ridge NJ
bernards pd is on talk group 3705. Somerset county p-25 system added a 700 mhz transmit/receive site on their system at the bernards twp pd HQ... i have not seen any signal change since that occured. Most of the time , the other regions are using the 500 mhz UHF side, not the 700 side, which Bernards is on with Phase II

DSC45

Premium Subscriber
Montgomery & SBB PD's are back!

Downloaded updated database this morning, for the purpose of adding Bernards Twp. Surprise to have Region 8 reappear, and again loud and clear.

Somerset County must be working on the system.

Thanks everyone for your help!

Dave

richee2000

on the somerset county p-25 TRS... does anyone know why the 700 mhz side of the system is so much weaker than the 500 mhz side in some area?s I am thinking not every site is equipped with 700 radios..or the 700 signal is just weaker ? .does anyone have a list of sites ? and know which sites have only 500 mhz radios ?

on the somerset county p-25 TRS... does anyone know why the 700 mhz side of the system is so much weaker than the 500 mhz side in some area?s I am thinking not every site is equipped with 700 radios..or the 700 signal is just weaker ? .does anyone have a list of sites ? and know which sites have only 500 mhz radios ?

I don't think every department has 700MHz radios. If I remember correctly, one member posted that it was only Dunellen, Hillsborough, and I think two other towns who have 700MHz radios in use currently. And probably Bernards now that I think about it.

But I mostly agree 700 signal is weaker in general than It's UHF simulcast. I avoid the 700 Simulcast in my portable. I just monitor UHF.

richee2000

since I live in Bernards, and they only operate on 700, i cant lock out that portion of the system. Its a shame, because the UHF side sounds great,,and the 700 side does not. Also, maybe its because they are using Phase II ....(identified as P0., or P1 ) on my radio... I think Dunellen is using regular P-25, not phase II.

Status
Not open for further replies.