Somerset County Police Region 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

ion_op

Hi,

I'm no longer hearing Green Brook on TG715 on my Pro-106. Did they switch to Phase2?

Tnx,

Mike

ion_op

I have both 500 and 700 systems programmed in 106. Nothing I've changed. Still don't hear them.

Update. I haven't heard many PD units on 500 in the past hour except for Bridgewater and North Plainfield. And one Sheriff unit. Maybe something has changed since my last post. It's normally not this quiet even this early.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
Update. I haven't heard many PD units on 500 in the past hour except for Bridgewater and North Plainfield. And one Sheriff unit. Maybe something has changed since my last post. It's normally not this quiet even this early.

Have you heard North Plainfield since this post? Reason I ask is cause North Plainfield RID's have been appearing on the NJICS on Plainfield's talkgroup. Just 2 or 3, but enough to be interesting.

Have you heard North Plainfield since this post? Reason I ask is cause North Plainfield RID's have been appearing on the NJICS on Plainfield's talkgroup. Just 2 or 3, but enough to be interesting.

Yes. North Plainfield is very active on Somerset system. Hearing them right now. Do you think they switch over to NJICS to talk to Plainfield at times? Although Plainfield is ENC.

rr60

Premium Subscriber
NPPD has been on both Somerset 500/700 systems recently.They have always had Plainfield for InterOp. More likely to see affiliations on NJICS. Region 4 has also been active too.

NPFD will also be seen affiliating from time to time NJICS, but little actual use.

The OP should not overlook MDT’s can be used at times. This makes what appears to be inactivity on voice.

rr60

Premium Subscriber
@SnakeEater9920 do you know which Somerset site you are closest to?

I believe the EAST site has antenna or feedline issues. North Plainfield PD and FD‘s have troubles today. The signal from the East site have been bad and getting worse for all systems on the common antenna.

TRS portable have no in building coverage. This is a good clue that the control channel output is poor from that site.

Yes your scanner would be intermittent, if this is your primary site. Check the control channel signal when you have problems, today it is 500.8875.

@SnakeEater9920 do you know which Somerset site you are closest to?

I believe the EAST site has antenna or feedline issues. North Plainfield PD and FD‘s have troubles today. The signal from the East site have been bad and getting worse for all systems on the common antenna.

TRS portable have no in building coverage. This is a good clue that the control channel output is poor from that site.

Yes your scanner would be intermittent, if this is your primary site. Check the control channel signal when you have problems, today it is 500.8875.

I mostly monitor at work at Raritan. So I'm closest to the Somerville site. Usually no issues on my Unication G5. The signal from this site cuts out every so often and then comes back within a few seconds. I've heard a few people talk about this issue.

As far as the east signal goes, I'm in Dunellen and don't notice any huge issues from the G5. Although I think I listen more at work than at home. The control channel is usually always 500.8875. Although I remember when It was 476.0625.

rr60

Premium Subscriber
I mostly monitor at work at Raritan. So I'm closest to the Somerville site. Usually no issues on my Unication G5. The signal from this site cuts out every so often and then comes back within a few seconds. I've heard a few people talk about this issue.

As far as the east signal goes, I'm in Dunellen and don't notice any huge issues from the G5. Although I think I listen more at work than at home. The control channel is usually always 500.8875. Although I remember when It was 476.0625.
@SnakeEater9920 Check out this thread CH19 sits on top of Somerset TRS CC.

ion_op

So you're implying they moved off the 500 system because of QRM from CH19 DTV? I guess it's time for me to bite the bullet and get a Phase 2 capable scanner.

ion_op

My Somerset County Wildcard channel has just become silent. No Fire/EMS heard. Sounds like they moved everyone to the 700 system? 700 sites not as strong. I'm right next to the 500 Rock Ave site. Just heard some brief traffic. Otherwise,very quiet for a Friday night.

Last edited:

mdsxfire

EDBM
All fire/ems are on the 500 system, the plan is to move everyone to the 700 system at some point, most If not all PDs are on the 700 but can usually all (besides Hillsborough and one other) be heard on 500

ion_op

I don't hear any police on my 106. If they're still on the 500 system they must be using Phase 2. Can anyone confirm?

ion_op

Did they switch from Phase 1 to Phase 2 thinking Phase2 would be more immune to interference from Ch19?

Status
Not open for further replies.