Somerset P25 system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do they broadcast all traffic on both UHF and 700, or are certain things relegated to one site vs the other?

As far as I know, all talkgroups on the UHF come over 700 as well. It's a simulcast of UHF on 700 frequencies. So they're both the same.

I've locked out the 700 simulcast because it kinda comes in like crap half of the time. Do you notice this too?

PhillyPhoto

I haven't monitored this system yet, but will be through the area soon, and I was just wondering if I needed both programmed and active or not.

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
It could be my signal here at work, but I am finding that UHF doesn't always come across 700. The exception has been the talkgroups that have 700 radios on them (Hillsborough, Manville & Dunellen PD are the only ones I see using 700 radios).

The Bridgewater patch seems to come and go as well.

It could be my signal here at work, but I am finding that UHF doesn't always come across 700. The exception has been the talkgroups that have 700 radios on them (Hillsborough, Manville & Dunellen PD are the only ones I see using 700 radios).

The Bridgewater patch seems to come and go as well.

When UHF comes across 700, for the most part it cuts in and out and the voice quality is horrible at times. Partly why I only monitor UHF now. I don't think it's your connection.

Although at times 700 works well.

Status
Not open for further replies.