Something change with the Palm Beach P25 system or have I done something wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

monorailmedic

Feed Provider
I've been decoding the Boca site without any issues for months, but now I can't seem to decode the control channel. I've checked all the control channels to no avail. Switched over and tried to decode the countywide site (which I'd done successfully before as well) but can't decode the CC either. I swapped dongles to be sure it wasn't a hardware issue but that's not made a difference.

The errors I get are below (for each control channel I am checking).
06/27/20 15:45:48.485573 control channel timeout
p25_framer::rx_sym() tuning error +1200

I also get '[R82XX] PLL not locked!', which would seem odd as my sample rate nor frequency have changed.

I'm not sure what else to check really.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
I just checked both....County CC is on 852.1000 and Boca is on 854.6875. No issues on either one, getting a full decode in Unitrunker.

monorailmedic

Feed Provider
I just checked both....County CC is on 852.1000 and Boca is on 854.6875. No issues on either one, getting a full decode in Unitrunker.

Thanks so much for checking. It seems two of my SDRs may be having issues suddenly. I noticed after hours more tweaking that after precisely dialing in some error correction I could get decode for a few seconds here and there, but never more than that.

It was just so odd that it happened with two receivers (and all of the sudden) that I thought maybe there was something more I was missing.

Much appreciated.

monorailmedic

Feed Provider
Maybe your antenna system needs some attention?
Is just going to the rabbit ears as the main site is a couple miles from here and I'm 50ft up. I hooked up my VNA to be sure and all seems well. In the past I could decide even with a cold connection.

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
You can always run SDR-Console to see the spectrum, along with the desired signals. Maybe there's a new transmitter nearby that is blowing the doors off the SDR dongles? Maybe the gain settings changed due to a recent Windows Update? Stranger things have happened.

My recent Windows Update trashed my audio subsystem and my mouse is now flaky. Check everything. You never know.

monorailmedic

Feed Provider
Maybe there's a new transmitter nearby that is blowing the doors off the SDR dongles?
Good call. I didn't see it in the OP25 plotter but that's not a high sample rate or res. I will open up a spectrum view on another reviver. I'm skeptical since I feel like I'd have seen it, and it'd need to be really strong to overcome the signal strength, but it's something I've not yet accounted for.

I'm using OP25 on a Pi, so not windows updates, but I should probably look to see if any recent updates to the system impacted the audio loop I use for decoding. My Linux skills are very basic, so I'll have to think through it and do some digging. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.