something going on on starcom

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevelton

My scanner got a hit on talkgroup 30336, with some talk between " gold 1" and " blue 3" about getting into position and someone coming through Assumption. Now they are saying the house is secure and no one was home. Just fyi

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
My scanner got a hit on talkgroup 30336, with some talk between " gold 1" and " blue 3" about getting into position and someone coming through Assumption. Now they are saying the house is secure and no one was home. Just fyi

Really? Kind of a cold snowy night for any kind of op to be taking place. Could it be you heard an exercise in progress?
......Interesting tho.

n9zas

stevelton

One of them said they were monitoring 9a, but I never heard any traffic there. It sounding like a real op to me. I was curious to know what agency would use those ITTf talkgroups besides IRMA. I was surprised it was in the clear.
If anyone thinks those tactical IDs sound like a peticular agency let me know

gewecke

Banned
One of them said they were monitoring 9a, but I never heard any traffic there. It sounding like a real op to me. I was curious to know what agency would use those ITTf talkgroups besides IRMA. I was surprised it was in the clear.
If anyone thinks those tactical IDs sound like a peticular agency let me know

Hmmm....any reference as to what part of the state they're in? Could be an op, but visibilty, rapid movement and ability to be mobile are important and tonight would not be the night,lol.
Our local EMA has used ITTF talkgroups in the past. Are you still hearing traffic there?

n9zas

cpd204

I looked it up in the database and it is ITTf i just saw a news report on something about an WMD exercise to practice for that NATO thing maybe it's something to do with that if you're in that area.
Man I wish i had a digital scanner :(

stevelton

I heard a reference by one of the units about coming through the town of Assumption, which is near Taylorville, IL.
Im in Wayne county. So that's some distance from Assumption.
Im not hearing anymore traffic.

gewecke

Banned
I've heard several exercises on week ends, but not during the week. I guess I'll have to pay more attention. :)

n9zas

rblair

not sure if time line is the same

decatur newspaper

By HUEY FREEMAN - H&R Staff Writer | Posted: Wednesday, January 11, 2012 12:01 am

Read more: Woman arrested in Assumption suspected of Missouri murder Woman arrested in Assumption suspected of Missouri murder
From the Herald & Review

TAYLORVILLE - A woman who sold synthetic marijuana in an Assumption shop last year was arrested Monday for allegedly stabbing a business associate to death in southern Missouri.

Elisabeth Gunter, 43, was arrested Monday at a relative's home in Assumption by Christian County sheriff's deputies for allegedly stabbing to death 63-year-old Joy Dishneau, who was found dead in her home Jan. 2 in Caulfield, Mo.

Police in Missouri also arrested Dennis Ray Woodward, 46, in connection with the murder.

Woodward and Gunter, who lived together, have been charged in Howell County Court, Mo., with first-degree murder, armed criminal action, felony theft and tampering with a motor vehicle, according to the Howell County Sheriff's Office.

Read more: Woman arrested in Assumption suspected of Missouri murder Woman arrested in Assumption suspected of Missouri murder
From the Herald & Review

gewecke

Banned
not sure if time line is the same

decatur newspaper

By HUEY FREEMAN - H&R Staff Writer | Posted: Wednesday, January 11, 2012 12:01 am

From the Herald & Review

TAYLORVILLE - A woman who sold synthetic marijuana in an Assumption shop last year was arrested Monday for allegedly stabbing a business associate to death in southern Missouri.

Elisabeth Gunter, 43, was arrested Monday at a relative's home in Assumption by Christian County sheriff's deputies for allegedly stabbing to death 63-year-old Joy Dishneau, who was found dead in her home Jan. 2 in Caulfield, Mo.

Police in Missouri also arrested Dennis Ray Woodward, 46, in connection with the murder.

Woodward and Gunter, who lived together, have been charged in Howell County Court, Mo., with first-degree murder, armed criminal action, felony theft and tampering with a motor vehicle, according to the Howell County Sheriff's Office.

From the Herald & Review

Ok.....but what does this have to do with starcom traffic??

n9zas

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Hearing today many Ducom UHF towns simulcast on Starcom , also the Ducom FD freqys, ...Sounds like there getting tuned up for the big move....There is a valid list printed on Carma yahoo group by Jerry.....

gewecke

Banned
Nothing new here, other than a change to IREACH in Ill.

NEW DPL Tone for IREACH (if link doesn't come up, it is D156 on tx&rx)

n9zas

cifn2

Feed Provider
IREACH doesn't have a tone that I know of, never has that was the point it being a multi agency, interop channel. Even listed as Public Works interop channel now I have saw in a few places.

gewecke

Banned
IREACH doesn't have a tone that I know of, never has that was the point it being a multi agency, interop channel. Even listed as Public Works interop channel now I have saw in a few places.

You're right, it USED to be Csq. read this link, then open the link at the bottom of the paragraph that states "new dpl for ireach".
I just found out about this myself.

https://iema.illinois.gov/iema/SCIP.asp

n9zas

Last edited:

jeatock

Premium Subscriber
Ireach Squelch Code

I got that memo back in October, and have questioned the tone without reply.

My understanding is that the D156N code is to be used on mobile TX when changing from wide to narrow emissions. CS mobile receive still needs to be used for interoperability continuity.

My big question is that since the NIFOG pretty much standardized 156.7 CTCSS for the nation-wide interoperable code, why on Earth did the IREACH board select D156N? The two have almost the same name but are nowhere near compatible. Talk about confusing.

I can see an advantage to using a RX code on IREACH base stations, as here in West-Central IL we hear the Truman State U physical plant repeater in Kirksvlle, MO (legally) on IREACH. I haven't scanned their comms for CTCSS and the RRDB doesn't show anyone with 156.7 CTCSS other that a FD in Cumberland KY. Is there a 156.7 CTCSS conflict from somewhere else?

Last edited:

gewecke

Banned
You bring up a valid point, I have no idea why they would assign a dpl tone opposed to a "inop" tone? I found it was safer to prog both tone formats as well as csq.

n9zas

N9JIG

Sheriff
I had suggested to the IREACH Board a year or so ago when they were considering a patch petition I presented that they adopt a tone code for IREACH as part of the narrowbanding. At the time there was discussion of 156.7 but I think there were users in nearby states already using that on 155.055 or one of the adjacent channels that would have been an problem.

The DPL code was chosen since it is more unlikely that others would be using it on the actual or adjacent channels. Also, since IREACH is solely an Illinois operation the use of 156.7 is not needed.

As with the adoption of new tone/codes for mutual aid and shared channels (IFERN, Firegrounds and others) it is standard procedure to set it up as PL/DPL transmit only until a certain date when all transmitters are supposed to be sending the tone then users can start adding it to the receive side of the radios. This way users don't get locked out of messages they may miss due to the transmitter not having the proper tone.

I got that memo back in October, and have questioned the tone without reply.

My understanding is that the D156N code is to be used on mobile TX when changing from wide to narrow emissions. CS mobile receive still needs to be used for interoperability continuity.

My big question is that since the NIFOG pretty much standardized 156.7 CTCSS for the nation-wide interoperable code, why on Earth did the IREACH board select D156N? The two have almost the same name but are nowhere near compatible. Talk about confusing.

I can see an advantage to using a RX code on IREACH base stations, as here in West-Central IL we hear the Truman State U physical plant repeater in Kirksvlle, MO (legally) on IREACH. I haven't scanned their comms for CTCSS and the RRDB doesn't show anyone with 156.7 CTCSS other that a FD in Cumberland KY. Is there a 156.7 CTCSS conflict from somewhere else?

jeatock

Premium Subscriber
THANKS!

This is the confirmation I've been looking for. D156N makes sense if there is a reason. Discussing the topic with other area techs has shown the same confusion; most thought it was a typo- office staff doesn't always speak geek. Some have been putting in 157.7 CTCSS.

Perhaps a follow-up memo of clarification might be in order. I will spread the word to the folks in NE Missouri that I work with.

Status
Not open for further replies.