Something interesting to listen to in Regina/Southern Sask?

Status
Not open for further replies.

freeman_yqr

I am due to return to good old Regina from my southern residence, and was wondering if there is anything new or exciting that I should program into my digital scanner to listen to? Down south the scanner was buzzing 24/7 with all kinds of action and there wasn't a quiet day. Due to an illness, I am going to be stuck at home with only the scanner as my source of entertainment ( the tv programs suck these days). So besides the basic emergency services , what would you recommend to me to program into my radio that would bring some needed listening enjoyment?

BC_Scan

Like in all centres across Canada (the nasty ENC) rules the day. We are all relegated to listening to NXDN/DMR etc. Make your peace with it because it varies by area. I am going to say that Regina is far from a hotbed of activity. However, you can still catch on to the activity of Regina Fire/ EMS. So, two systems at least PPTSN, & City of Regina

Radioworld05

In most parts of Saskatchewan, Most if not all Law Enforcement communications are encrypted. You can still hear EMS & Fire as well as Sask Power. Regina, & Saskatoon have there respective systems with public works and transit on them that are in the clear to listen. Unfortunately encryption is the new go to thing nowadays that radio company's are encouraging users to opt into when purchasing radio equipment/ setup new systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.