Something old, something new

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stecomp

I would like to say its from Louis the 14th's summer home but in actuality my wife and I got it at an estate sale several years ago along with some other nice furniture for a ridiculous low price. No name that I can find.
Very nice set up, use it in GOOD HEALTH!

PS: I was in the wholesale furniture industry(account executive) for many years, now retired. Who makes that desk shown in your set-up? Just curious. I'm still well-connected in this industry so if any members need help buying furniture, let me know?

Stecomp

Thanks, another antique store find that I thought was a one off modified Handlan NYCS switch lamp. I later came across an ad in the back of Railfan and Railroad magazine I think it was, from the 80's or 90's actually selling this style of lamp with different shade. Have other switch lights but this is the only modified one and is in the nicest shape.

WA3CSX

Premium Subscriber
Initially this old homemade bookcase was going to be just for some of my old timer crystal scanners-basically a neat light show. It's evolved a bit to a part active listening post and part museum. Top half is the action and the bottom half is enjoying retirement but are occasionally fired up for the scan show. The G4 and SDS100 are generally on the move- downstairs with a 436 or as my go to mobile units.

Bookcase on other side of desk has more vintage guys with the Pro 2006 the only one hooked up and used for active monitoring, mainly rail and air. I have various speakers placed left or right or below, either bluetooth type or traditional Uniden speakers for monitoring some of the scanners. Helps to immediately know which agency is talking by the direction its coming from.

Have 2 discones in the attic that feed 3 of the scanners. The front originally had a nice MDF board cut out for the scanners but after changing things around in the past decided to cover it up with present foam board cutout.
Had to patiently wait a month plus for the SDS200 to return from Uniden for hum repair to complete the basically
$0 shack. By the way, I can hear the 200 just fine from behind the cover with just internal speaker and now no hum!

In rack - bct15x SDS200 996p2 Bearcat BCH (the original from 1968-cant even lock out channels) Robyn 8+8 RS pro77 Regency ACT E 8H Bearcat 3 & 4. Other rack - Realistic PRO 2006 Regency MX4000 Regency ACT 10 Regency ACT M 8H Uniden 800xlt. know, I know, not a very manly desk!

View attachment 69611View attachment 69612View attachment 69613
nice setup from one rail buffer to another

Status
Not open for further replies.