Something wrong with my Pro-96?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BKHale

Is there something wrong with my Pro-96 or am I doing something incorrect? Im trying to program an APCO-25 system into my unit. (Loudoun Co. VA.) to be exact. When I put the info in for the talk groups, I select Motorola trunking for that Bank and frequencies. Then enter the talk group (eg.# 1616). In the trunking talk group section it makes this # 01616 When I attempt to scan the frequencies the scanner will not stop on the frequencies I have programed. If I stop it manually on each frequency I can hear the transmissions.
On the other hand if I program the scanner with the frequencies selected Motorola and the bank Conventional and enter the talk groups they come up 1616 without the 0 in front and the scanner will stop on the frequencies that have activity. This is ok but it will only allow me to store talk groups up to 2047 and I cant select what talk groups I want to lock out. Basically I hear all of them on these frequencies. Which is a problem if I want just the Leesburg P.D. or the Loudoun Sheriff. Ive tried to Import the frequencies from RR and I still have the same problem. I am approx. 12 miles from the repeater. Seems if that were a problem I would not receive transmission even when programmed on the Conv. bank.
Any info or input on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Check to see if you have the bank set to MOT using Func + Trunk, then select the mode (mode button on the lower left of the keypad).

LarrySC

For the freqs marked RED and BLUE enter just those. Set the FREQ to MO in addition to the bank being set to MO. Put in [+] mode to start then later set to [-] Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.