BCD325P2/BCD996P2: Somewhat confused about LTR systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

wscranston

Hi, I'm trying to track the following LTR system on my 996P2: https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=6401

I can't seem to get it to work but admit I'm confused. I am using Freescan. The database show 5 freqs, but only LCNs 1 and 5 are used. So does this mean I only put those two frequencies in with the associated LCN, or do I put 5 entries with 0's in the unused LCN spots?

I know at least the LCN 5 frequency is active because I can hear it on my 2006, and if I hold on the frequency on the 996 it receives, but it won't stop when scanning, which leads me to believe it is a trunk tracking issue. I am running in ID Search mode so it's not a Talkgroup issue. Another datapoint: if I put the display in "Trunking Display Mode 3" I don't see anything on the Trunking Activity indicators, am I supposed to?

Any help or advice on how to setup LTR systems and what I'm possibly doing wrong is appreciated.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Hi, I'm trying to track the following LTR system on my 996P2: https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=6401

I can't seem to get it to work but admit I'm confused. I am using Freescan. The database show 5 freqs, but only LCNs 1 and 5 are used. So does this mean I only put those two frequencies in with the associated LCN, or do I put 5 entries with 0's in the unused LCN spots?

I know at least the LCN 5 frequency is active because I can hear it on my 2006, and if I hold on the frequency on the 996 it receives, but it won't stop when scanning, which leads me to believe it is a trunk tracking issue. I am running in ID Search mode so it's not a Talkgroup issue. Another datapoint: if I put the display in "Trunking Display Mode 3" I don't see anything on the Trunking Activity indicators, am I supposed to?

Any help or advice on how to setup LTR systems and what I'm possibly doing wrong is appreciated.
You would only put the two frequencies listed in the scanner, using the appropriate LCN for each (452.2125 is LCN 1, 453.6125 LCN 5). No other frequencies needed, unless the database is wrong. However, the license for the site only has those two frequencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.