Song Title always "RADIOREFERENCE.COM"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Progline

Premium Subscriber
I use Winamp to listen to the streams.

When listening to multiple streams (for instance the Washington Kittitas County stream and the Washington Pierce County stream) the song title on Winamp just says "1. <RADIOREFERENCE.COM>" instead of being individualized for every stream. I can not tell which stream is which unless I click on the stream feed properties.

Am I doing something wrong? Isn't there a way to fix this so each stream has an "song title" that says what stream it is?

-Thanks in advance
Rob

Deeke

I think the display settings are selected by the program and the settings of the user providing the feed.

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
I mentioned this exact same thing to the man who runs the Anne Arundel County fire feed. It's a great feed, but there's no way to identify it in WinAmp.

He did not know how to set it, so it must be buried in the setup web page at RadioRef. Somebody here must know how to change it because I have seen feeds that identify themselves in the stream data.

Kingscup

Feed Provider
If a feed provider is using Scannercast, the name of the feed can be changed in the Scannercast set up like it shows in the picture in this link. K1PGV&#39;s ScannerCast

If he/she is using something else, I don't know if it can be changed but I would think so. You may have to ask the feed provider to change it. It can only be done by the feed provider. It is not something you can change.

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
If a feed provider is using Scannercast, the name of the feed can be changed in the Scannercast set up like it shows in the picture in this link. K1PGV's ScannerCast

If he/she is using something else, I don't know if it can be changed but I would think so. You may have to ask the feed provider to change it. It can only be done by the feed provider. It is not something you can change.

Clearly it can be set because I have seen some RR feeds that have set it.

The question is: where EXACTLY is it set? I use ScannerCast on my feeds and know about that, but I don't know who uses what else on here. Undoubtedly there is other software in use so other packages might require it to be set by the RR staff, I don't know.

Enough feeds need to have this tag set that it's a problem that somebody in charge at RadRef should address once and for all to remove the mystery. I saw nothing about this specific item in the wiki pages.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Should be as simple as putting the approrpiate feed name in the "Stream Name" field. Take a look at the attached picture, and replace "Carroll Co Fire" with the name of your own feed.

Mike

Attachments

• SC_stream_ident.png
    SC_stream_ident.png
    24.5 KB · Views: 120

PeterGV

K1PGV
If you use ScannerCast RR Edition, which is the new Official Feed Broadcast Software of RR, the stream name and description are always automatically set to the description of your feed that appears in the RR feed list.

This feature is specific to ScannerCast RR Edition -- The way mtindor shows, above, is still correct for ScannerCast Standard Edition.

Peter
K1PGV

Status
Not open for further replies.