Sonoma County CHP Dispatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimlofgren

I just moved to Sonoma County and I thought the CHP dispatch was on 42.88. I can hear the mobile units on 42.29 but not the dispatch. Can anyone tell me what it is?

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Chp

I just moved to Sonoma County and I thought the CHP dispatch was on 42.88. I can hear the mobile units on 42.29 but not the dispatch. Can anyone tell me what it is?
I have not been down in that area for a few months, but I show that Santa Rosa uses the Emerald Channel: 42.880 dispatch 42.200 Mobile, all CT:131.8

Here is a link to data in the DB. It's interesting that the DB shows Emerald Base as being 42.800, I believe that is incorrect.

Last edited:

avtarsingh

Premium Subscriber
emerald was switched because a genius engineer didnt notice that the gray 2 input freq was the same as the emerald freq until it was already put into motion

so emerald was moved from 42.88 to 42.80

chp database was updated on 12-5 if you keep chp as a favorite system etc when you login it will show you recent updates

also i look on the calif map each day then you dont miss updates

42.88 is now mobile input for gray2 truckee

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Thank you for the clarification

emerald was switched because a genius engineer didnt notice that the gray 2 input freq was the same as the emerald freq until it was already put into motion

so emerald was moved from 42.88 to 42.80
Thank you for the information.

chp database was updated on 12-5 if you keep chp as a favorite system etc when you login it will show you recent updates
I keep CHP as a favorite, but rarely log in to the RR "home page". The problem/issue is that I'd have to log in again when on the forums. If this is what the "remember me" link does, it needs a better name and explanation.

also i look on the calif map each day then you dont miss updates
Yeah right. When ever I have looked it is silly changes and not things like this. So I stopped checking.

42.88 is now mobile input for gray2 truckee
I knew that and have it programmed (and being monitored). The CHP re-uses a lot of frequencies and the only thing that saves them are the heavy use of CTs. There are a lot of places where I think this is an issue, although I'll admit not usually a repeater input.

Status
Not open for further replies.