Sonoma County - Possible Regional Parks Find

Status
Not open for further replies.

kg6nlw

Railroad & Ham Radio Extrodinare
Premium Subscriber
I'm currently using two scanners to find a local store and where they might be at in the UHF band and I came across a frequency not in the DB but listed in the FCC...IT SOUNDS LIKE another Regional Parks dispatch frequency...They're talking about a few of the regional parks "R24 leaving Healdsburg enroute Foothill", etc.

In the FCC I found the frequency of 453.5875 listed under WREB916, WREB917 and WQPY707.

Anyone else close enough to listen and verify? I get nothing heard on the new 45.480 frequency that was submitted to the DB recently.

UPDATE: A unit just ID'd as 18-R which is definitely Regional Parks (18 units). I'm submitting to the DB.

Regards,

-Frank C.

Last edited:

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
My intel shows 453.5875 as Union-4 (one of the nine union channels for the county). Also shows 45.480 is/was correct low band for parks. I'll have to keep an eye out for trucks to see if there is a uhf whip on them.

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
The 45.48 MHz submission recently was confirmed as regional parks, but not necessarily dispatch. A Sonoma county sheriff’s office dispatcher was heard trying to hail a park ranger on it, so it’s possible it could be their former dispatch channel and is now retained for mutual aid purposes with outside agencies. Keep an ear out and submit updates to the database if you guys can confirm the usage more exactly.

kg6nlw

Premium Subscriber
Will do Inigo! @Ramal, Union Channels in the county...Wish to elaborate? First I've heard of them!

Regards,

-Frank C.

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
The county has been collecting frequencies for some time now. Agency line-ups include 6 VHF "Victor" channels of which one is a repeater pair, or 9 UHF "Union" channels of which 8 are repeaters. Not sure what the actual use of them is but I assumed they were for rainy day use.

So yea, appears parks dept is popping up on one of these UHF frequencies. Maybe to better interface with the SO?

kg6nlw

Premium Subscriber
The county has been collecting frequencies for some time now. Agency line-ups include 6 VHF "Victor" channels of which one is a repeater pair, or 9 UHF "Union" channels of which 8 are repeaters. Not sure what the actual use of them is but I assumed they were for rainy day use.

So yea, appears parks dept is popping up on one of these UHF frequencies. Maybe to better interface with the SO?
That is interesting! It sounds like this frequency is definitely a repeater since I'm hearing it with a quick burst at the end (indicative of a repeater) in Cloverdale!

Regards,

-Frank C.

Status
Not open for further replies.