Sony ICF 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

wkydigger

Premium Subscriber
I recently received a Sony 2010 that i bought off ebay. It is really in very nice condition. When i unpacked it, it had so much static electricity in the box that the packing peanuts were sticking to everything. When i finally got it hooked up the receive seemed like it was way down on everything. I thought for sure the FET in the front end was bad. After it has been used for about 3-4 days the receive is back up where it should be. Can't really explain it but it is the truth.
I've had alot of receivers in the past but the Sony ICF 2010 has to be one of the best portable receivers i've ever owned. I think this one i'll keep for a long time to come. I've always heard how good they were and now i can honestly agree with it.

WKYDIGGER ( Mike )

jimvm

Sony 2010

I 've had my 2010 for 25 years. The power on/off switch does not function,
you must use the little green switch on the left side to power off!
If you bump the unit hard, you could loose all your programming!
The keypad 4 button does not work. But I still use it for listening
to Rush Limbaugh every day.

73 jim vm

SCPD

QRT
I have always wanted one of these radios ... but somehow I have never managed to get one. They are excellent radios ...

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
We have a few 2010-related links at the bottom of...

Other HF Receivers - The RadioReference Wiki

I know of more than a few VoA correspondents that used to use these radios (OK some of them are NASWA members...) - if you find one in good shape, make sure you take care of it. It's the standard by which other portables are often compared.

best regards..Mike

wkydigger

Premium Subscriber
Based on the serial number i'd say mine was built between 1984 and 1985. It sure looks alot newer than that. I plan on trying to keep it that way. I've had more and less expensive receivers before but i'm very pleased with this one. I'm going to hook it to a dipole tomorrow and see how it will do.

Status
Not open for further replies.