Sony pocket radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

nevesjerry

Hello to all members. A while back I purchased a pocket AM, FM, TV, SONY Model XDR 63 TV on eBay and this little rádio is made for the Japanese market. I can turn it on and scan the AM band, (9Kz step) fine. Can not get to the FM band or TV band.
The radio has 10 pre-sets, ON and OFF buttons, and 3 other buttons with menus, scrolling, etc, but ALL in Japanese. I’ve tried to google for obtaining an instruction manual but no luck! Any members that speak Japanese would be helpful.
Any other suggestions appreciated. This is a well built radio, uses two triple AAA batteries. Even tried to contact Sony in Japan to no avail. Radio is black and has a nice digital display. Above the display it says in English “1 SEG TV/FM/AM RADIO”
Best wishes to all,
Jerry Neves

ko6jw_2

Premium Subscriber
This radio was made for the Japanese home market. The FM band is approximately 76-90MHz. No reception in the US where the band is 88-108MHz. TV reception will also be non existent because it is not designed to receive digital TV broadcasts. AM is the only mode it will receive. US AM broadcasting uses 20KHz steps so it will never be exactly on the center of a channel.

nevesjerry

This radio was made for the Japanese home market. The FM band is approximately 76-90MHz. No reception in the US where the band is 88-108MHz. TV reception will also be non existent because it is not designed to receive digital TV broadcasts. AM is the only mode it will receive. US AM broadcasting uses 20KHz steps so it will never be exactly on the center of a channel.

nevesjerry

As far as AM band I am aware that the spacing is set for 9 kHz step, but it still hits a few channels such as 540, 630, 810, 900, 990, 1080, 1170, 1260, 1530. The AM band in US has the 10 kHz spacing.

Status
Not open for further replies.