Sorry Bixby Listeners =(

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterjmag

Sorry Bixby listeners but your city has ugraded to Open Sky and you will no loger be able to hear your PD, FD, or other city services any longer. =(

wx5uif

Premium Subscriber
Awesome...

I don't understand their love for OpenSky.

I was at Rooster Days this past weekend and finally heard the OS digital from BA's portables. Sounded horrible compared to some of the P25 portables I've used.

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
Awesome...

I don't understand their love for OpenSky.

I was at Rooster Days this past weekend and finally heard the OS digital from BA's portables. Sounded horrible compared to some of the P25 portables I've used.

There was a lot of traffic on the original Edacs system from the RD event last weekend. Not sure what the ID's were as the radio was upstairs and I could hear the traffic coming out of the room the scanner is in.

Drkatzjr45

Emeritus Member
Premium Subscriber
Haven't most cities with this experienced profound problems, as well as an untenable cost vs quality ratio...

With Broken Arrow and Bixby now committed to OpenSky, Jenks and Glenpool will not be far behind.

AEP-PSO will also begin migrating to OpenSky in the near future, AEP is currently upgrading their east region to OS.

Drkatzjr45

Emeritus Member
Premium Subscriber
So...as of the present date (6-8)....can Bixby still be heard, or have they already
gone to Open Sky?

wx5uif

Premium Subscriber
Interesting.

On the database an entry was made for Bixby OS.

853.7125 I have what sounds like a OS control channel.
However, when running Unitrunker... the 853.1625 shows up as a P25 control channel networked into the BA P25 system.

I'll let Unitrunker run for a while on this..

Attachments

• OS1.png
    OS1.png
    11.9 KB · Views: 554
  • OS2.jpg
    OS2.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 560
Last edited:

wx5uif

Premium Subscriber
So far all channels except the 3.7125 are associated with the new P25 system.

Attachments

• os3.jpg
    os3.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 543

peterjmag

So there may be some light at the end of the tunnel? If they go P25 then we can monitor them with a digital scanner as long as there is no encryption right? I wonder if BA is realizing they made a mistake with OS and are implmenting the rest of the expansion of the system with P25. That would good news for those areas!

wx5uif

Premium Subscriber
Hopefully. I'm pretty sure TG4000 is bixby pd and Tg4500 is bixby FD on the BA P25 system. I rarely have any hits on those, but when I do they are not encrypted. (Ive looked the addresses up that they are dispatched to and they have been in Bixby). I've still heard Bixby on the EDACS system, so maybe the hits I have are them doing some testing or something.

wx5uif

Premium Subscriber
Where did 1194 come from?

I have been monitoring the new system for days and don't have any hits on 1194.

Attachments

• scanner.png
    scanner.png
    32 KB · Views: 355

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
I think the key here is he said using the "Bixby" frequencies set as P-25, your monitoring the BA P-25? not sure if that is it or not.

wx5uif

Premium Subscriber
I'm monitoring the new Bixby system that is in the database as Opensky. It should be corrected. It is actually site 017 of the BA P25 system. Only one frequency has Opensky digital sounds.

andy51edge

Premium Subscriber
Tonight I am hearing wagoner county sheriff on the Bixby site. A few radios logged into the Bixby site and joined the wagoner group. and I heard Bixby fire on 4500

Attachments

• wagoner co sheriff on bixby p25.png
    wagoner co sheriff on bixby p25.png
    61.3 KB · Views: 251

wx5bix

Using the Bixby frequencies as P-25, ran a search and store on my BCD996xt. I have only heard Bixby Fire. the talkgroup that came up was 1194

andy51edge

Premium Subscriber
I've been listening to the Bixby P-25 site, and I have been hearing traffic on TGs 4000, and 3005. The problem is that I am a bit too far away from the site to get a high fidelity voice on Uni-Trunker, does anyone have any idea what they are? They aren't encrypted. If I had to make a wild guess, id say that 4000 is Bixby PD, just because Bixby fire is 4500.

Status
Not open for further replies.