Sorta new to scanning

Status
Not open for further replies.

465_engine

Hello, I have had a few scanners and currently have a RS Pro-92 that I use to listen to Prince William County fire dispatch, Davison Airfield, Dulles Airport, Reagan Airport and Manassas Airport. What I'd like is a scanner that I can expand my FD listening (be able to hear all Prince William County fire, Fairfax County fire and Fort Belvoir fire) as well as the 4 airports above. I am currently looking at the TRX-1 by Whistler, it appears to do what I'd like it to do. But what I can't find is how many banks/channels it has and will I be able to set it up to scan PWC in one bank, FFX in another bank, etc, etc? Also how hard is it to program? Thanks for any help and input?

DPD1

You'd probably be better off asking in the brand specific sub for that radio. But most of the latest radios have dynamic memory, so it's usually flexible to arrange things pretty much exactly the way you want. But they don't really have 'banks' per say, anymore. The digital systems can definitely be more challenging to understand, compared to the old analog stuff. But the database here and other guides, can help you figure it out. I'm sure you'll get a grip on it.

465_engine

Thank, I didn't know (until recently) the extent of these forums. There's a lot of places to post things and I figured I'd start in the new guy category lol.

KevinC

Junior Radio Guru
Super Moderator
You'd probably be better off asking in the brand specific sub for that radio. But most of the latest radios have dynamic memory, so it's usually flexible to arrange things pretty much exactly the way you want. But they don't really have 'banks' per say, anymore. The digital systems can definitely be more challenging to understand, compared to the old analog stuff. But the database here and other guides, can help you figure it out. I'm sure you'll get a grip on it.

The proper avenue would have been for him to report this thread and ask to have it moved as opposed to cross-posting.

I'm closing this one and the discussion can continue in the thread he started in the Whistler forum...

http://forums.radioreference.com/whistler-scanners/342550-hello-new-guy-here-couple-questions.html

Status
Not open for further replies.