Sorting found IDs into proper groups

Status
Not open for further replies.

nautlynch

Hello, Is there any way to sort the found IDs into existing groups? I've got transit, police, icalls, and etc in one group called "found channels" - but you already know that. I want to go beyond and sort them properly.

rwier

Hello, Is there any way to sort the found IDs into existing groups? I've got transit, police, icalls, and etc in one group called "found channels" - but you already know that. I want to go beyond and sort them properly.

Does your ID = my TGID? Does your group = my Scan List Group? What radio are you using? What Software?

nautlynch

I'm using Freescan with BC346xt. When running a search on a trunked system it creates a group called, "found channels". The problem is that I can't find a way to determine which IDs belong to which group. There are police from different areas and some italk and transit all mixed together. I guess if I listen a long time and take notes, I may be able to sort them out.

Also the display description is also the TGID so ???.

Attachments

• 1-5-2012 10-39-55 PM.jpg
    1-5-2012 10-39-55 PM.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 261
Last edited:

KE5TLF

I guess if I listen a long time and take notes, I may be able to sort them out.
ayep, That's generally the way it works

Also the display description is also the TGID so ???.
Yes?

I swear it sounds like you think the scanner is supposed to figure all this stuff out for you? :confused:

Using the recording features in Freescan and only scanning the unknowns can streamline the process somewhat.

Save a i0 TGID and lock it out to rid yourself of iCalls while in search mode.

TG's are usually created within a given system with at least some manner of logical order so at a minimum narrowing down an agency for at least some of your unknowns should be fairly easy by filling in any gaps in the known TG's and with a little reasoning.
E.G. if 16, 32, 48, and, 80 are known Sheriff's TG's there's a good chance newly found TG 64 is also in that department.

Last edited:

KE5TLF

OK nevermind most of the previous, all the TG's listed in your screen cap are already in the DB. You obviously just don't have them loaded in your scanner. That is your problem. Either load all the known TG's or turn off ID search, problem solved.

nautlynch

If they are already in the database then why doesn't Freescan see duplicate entries when I run the optimizer?

I thought each system/site knows the talkgroups that belong in each site - such as East Portland with one group of TGID and North Portland with another group.

I don't have premium service so I don't have all the TGIDs for each system. I ran "search and store" so I can find new groups that were not published here or for people that just cut and paste from the basic (free) database.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.