Sound Card Drivers to use for DSD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iceman977th

Feed Provider
I have an old Compaq tower with AC97 integrated audio running Ubuntu 10.04. Got DSD installed & running, but having trouble decoding audio from both the discriminator tap on the scanner and from unfiltered TRBO audio samples on the computer. It decodes, but is EXTREMELY distorted. We were able to pick up maybe one or two words just very faintly, but not much. Would finding drivers for the soundcard help? Tower is a Compaq SR1012NX tower, for the record. Thanks.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.973 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Have you run the Update Manager on your system, and made sure it's up to date? I have release 34 on my system, and I'm not sure if it is the latest.

iceman977th

Feed Provider
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.973 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Have you run the Update Manager on your system, and made sure it's up to date? I have release 34 on my system, and I'm not sure if it is the latest.

I'll take a look. I just have no idea if it will detect the sound card as it's integrated.

corbintechboy

Premium Subscriber
Try running alsamixer from a terminal and playing with setting in there.

If you find a mixer setting that works issue:

sudo alsactl store

Also, to see that it correctly got your soundcard issue this:

lsmod | grep snd

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.