Sound in between two tone paging, Clarion County, PA

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexb2014

Curious as to what this tone is in between tones when they're dispatching. It sounds like some sort of function tone. This was recorded from their Saturday noon test. It only makes this sound on the East fire channel during the noon test and if the dispatcher keys up over a unit talking. The other channels (North, South, and West) don't make this sound during the noon test. It just does the pager tones, drops the transmitter, comes back on and does the siren tones, and then goes to the next station. Whereas the East fire transmitter stays on the whole time, with the function tone in between right as the transmitter should be dropping out. I believe the noon test is an automated function because of the way it dispatches. Normally, the pager and siren tones are stacked on the same transmission. Another thing I've noticed on East fire is when the dispatcher dekeys the console or when the delay after the tone-out is complete, you hear the voter "click" and the transmitter hangs on about 1 second and then turns off. Whereas on the other channels, as soon as you hear the "click", the transmitter turns off. The East and South Fire Channels both have a 3-second "hang-time" after a unit dekeys. The other channels don't. If the dispatcher keys up on South fire during this hang-time, it makes a different function tone sound (sometimes), but if they key up on East fire during this time, it doesnt make any sound. Here's a video of one of their Saturday tests. It was interrupted by another call so they had to finish the test manually at the end. It starts at 1:10 and the second part starts at 3:40.

TampaTyron

Beep Boop, Beep Boop
Premium Subscriber
Sounds like function tone to me. Either the station (repeater or base station) isn't configured to mute fast enough or the function tone filter is bad. These are not definite, but seem most likely. TT

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
Yes those dtmf sound tones are tone remote control tones.

Status
Not open for further replies.