Sound on feed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thinder

Feed Provider
sound on feed

I had that same sound on one of my feeds and it turned out to be my wireless router was too close to the scanner. if you can move the router a bit away from scanner or its antenna will probably clear it up. Good luck

daneg

Do you have priority enabled on the scanner?

Mike

Nope it's constantly on this channel.

I had that same sound on one of my feeds and it turned out to be my wireless router was too close to the scanner. if you can move the router a bit away from scanner or its antenna will probably clear it up. Good luck

The router is in the other room so it's not near it.

talkpair

I noticed that after a transmission ends, it takes a few seconds for the 'thump' to resume.

Are you actually scanning more than one channel, or do you have it locked onto a single frequency?

Sound cards will magnify a lot of noises you probably wouldn't hear if you were listening to the scanner's internal speaker.

If possible, try to use the very minimum gain on either the MIC or LINE-IN settings in your mixer, and adjust your scanner's audio for proper levels.
Some noises, such as an AC hum remain at the same level at the scanner's speaker no matter where the volume control is set, so a low scanner volume setting combined with a high MIC or LINE-IN mixer setting will result in an amplification of the AC hum.
The fix would be to raise the scanner volume, and lower either the MIC or LINE-IN mixer setting.

If the resulting audio is too hot, you may need to switch from the MIC jack to the LINE-IN jack on the sound card.

Good Luck.

daneg

I noticed that after a transmission ends, it takes a few seconds for the 'thump' to resume.

Are you actually scanning more than one channel, or do you have it locked onto a single frequency?

Sound cards will magnify a lot of noises you probably wouldn't hear if you were listening to the scanner's internal speaker.

If possible, try to use the very minimum gain on either the MIC or LINE-IN settings in your mixer, and adjust your scanner's audio for proper levels.
Some noises, such as an AC hum remain at the same level at the scanner's speaker no matter where the volume control is set, so a low scanner volume setting combined with a high MIC or LINE-IN mixer setting will result in an amplification of the AC hum.
The fix would be to raise the scanner volume, and lower either the MIC or LINE-IN mixer setting.

If the resulting audio is too hot, you may need to switch from the MIC jack to the LINE-IN jack on the sound card.

Good Luck.

Thanks!

It's locked onto a single frequency. I believe it's in the line in port. I'll have to try turning the volume up on the scanner and then lowering the mixer. I'll do that later tonight when I get home.

Thanks again!

ScanYak

Feed Provider
Try this theory, I have some scanners that when set on manual (not scanning) goes into power saving mode and begins to make a subtle pulsing sound. Try putting in two frequencies the same and scan just those two.

jasonpeoria911

Database Admin
Just getting caught up on the message threads. Anyways, if you havn't figured it out already, the thump could be coming from another nearby scanner. I had the problem where if I had the same frequency programmed in 2 BCD396T scanners, whenever 1 would scan, it would cause a thumping noise on the 2nd scanner and vice versa. When I locked out the frequency on 1 scanner, the problem went away.

Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.