Sound too high!

Status
Not open for further replies.

roots

Hi,

I'm using those little USB sound device and I'm having a hard time managing the volume on it, how can I lower the sound using the new broadcats software?

regards,

roots

mdulrich

Feed Provider
Levels have to be controlled by the computer or the volume on the scanner or a combination of both, not in the broadcast software.

Mike

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
I just got like 20 of those USB sound devices today (for $20 meh I got 18 extra). believe it or not I find turning the linein/mic level to the lowest setting in windows sounds the best for the mic/line in port. Anything above that sounds overloaded. I suspect because it's a mic port and doesn't like the amp'd volume of a scanner.

hvscan

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9530/5.0.0.328 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

For some of my feeds, I have the scanner volume just above the zero level. It takes a combination of scanner and Windows sound adjustments, along with trial and error, to get it right.

roots

but I'm using the REC OUT on the scanner and I don't find where I could lower the volume....

also on the PC, the MIC IN is already set to low so I'm not sure what to do next?

thx,

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
Yes those mini usb sound cards have AGC turned on by default. It will blow your sound out as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.