Sounds Like Sioux County Fire Departments May Be Going Digital

Status
Not open for further replies.

radioboy75

Premium Subscriber
Sounds Like Sioux County Fire Departments May Be Going Digital.

From KDCR Radio:

The Sioux County Board of Supervisors agreed to be the fiscal sponsor for grant applications to the Siouxland Community Foundation. County emergency management director Nate Huizenga told the board he will apply for two grants. One is for the final phase of replacing digital radios for fire departments in the county. The other application is for equipment for the Sioux County Dive Team. Both grants are worth up to 10-thousand dollars each.

When they say "replacing digital radios" I think they must have meant "replacing analog radios with digital", as the departments are analog now.

If this is true, it's a first in my area at least. Law enforcement going digital happens all the time. First I've seen fire departments go digital -- like I say, if this is true.

radioboy75

Premium Subscriber
W8RMH provided the frequencies for which Sioux County is licensed for P25 digital.

I can help a little with this:

151.0100 Main Law Enforcement P25 Repeater
155.5650 Boyden Law Enforcement P25 Repeater (appears to be simulcast with main)
155.8650 Rock Valley Law Enforcement P25 Repeater (appears to be simulcast with main)
159.2250 Input to 151.010

Unless they re-purpose these frequencies, they are all already in use.

KB0ULA

Status
Not open for further replies.