DSDPlus Source EXTERNAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

n5pwp

Anyone know when the CC Activity window shows EXTERNAL in the Source column for a particular TG? I searched the notes and Google and could only find references to using external sources for audio input to DSDPlus. Is it just a oopsie when it does that or is it actually telling me that an external radio accessed the TG? I didn't think they could do that without registering and affiliating with the system controller.

I'm really liking the CC Current Groups window. It helps me to quickly update my '.frequencies' file for unknown TGs. The only aggravating thing is the toggle for keyboard input under the Misc menu doesn't seem to want to stay toggled between restarting the program. I assume some of the things that revert back should be set on the command line to get it to stay.

Thanks
Mike

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
It means a source external to the system being monitored is being patched to the system. This is usually performed via a dispatch console.

Kazzaw

Database Admin
I see it oftenly on one of my local systems here. The P25 network is encrypted however for fire interoperability between regions (P25 is metro and uses encryption, analog is regional) the Metro channel and regional channels are always patched. Whenever a radio from the regional analog system TX's it will show up on the P25 as EXTERNAL

n5pwp

It means a source external to the system being monitored is being patched to the system.
Thank you U2Brent. Apparently the search terms I used didn't let me see that old thread on this site. Anyway, thanks for the info. I've been a long time user of the free DSDPlus and just recently decided to subscribe. It is a fantastic deal. I'm loving all the new stuff in the FL version.

Mike

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I'm really liking the CC Current Groups window. It helps me to quickly update my '.frequencies' file for unknown TGs. The only aggravating thing is the toggle for keyboard input under the Misc menu doesn't seem to want to stay toggled between restarting the program. I assume some of the things that revert back should be set on the command line to get it to stay.

You've got me scratching my head with this comment... The frequencies file doesn't have anything to do with talkgroups?
I've not had any issues with the keyboard input staying active on any of my machines. That's an odd one.

n5pwp

Yeah, I've been jumping between the frequencies, groups, sites and networks files that I must've just gotten done updating frequencies when I wrote that. Of course, you're correct. You update the groups file for TGs. Sorry for the confusion and mis-direction.
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.